Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front & Rear Full Brembo Brake Kit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Considering pads and rotors are considered consumable items, I don't think you would lose any warranty coverage. Even stock Tesla discs and pads are not warrantied. In fact, the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act says exactly that.

It's nice to know there are options outside of Tesla Service Center, but I can't imagine I'll need to replace the rotors or pads for at least 200K miles at the rate I'm going. I got 240K miles on my original front pads in a VW Golf TDI; the rears were replaced much sooner...but that car didn't have regen. :)

Why the hell would you PAY to make a lateral move (at best) on brakes let alone trash can your warranty on any related components?

That's a terrible idea IMO. But, it's your car so... have fun!

Why not move laterally? The stock brakes are great and lasted 204k miles. I will upgrade when I start running Daytona 500s.

The service warranty meaning the installation of the product. For example, if the rotors and pads are defective, tesla will not cover the install service. They would charge me to install the replacements.

That's why I stated " warranty on "service" will be waived"

Last edited:
The service warranty meaning the installation of the product. For example, if the rotors are pads are defective, tesla will not cover the install service. They would charge me to install the replacements.

That's why I stated " warranty on "service" will be waived "
It's still "not a "good idea" to change" perfectly good OEM brake pads and rotors for aftermarket brake pads and rotors at any cost on a Tesla.

These rotors and pads are OEM and the originals need changing after 204k miles.

if you want the old hardware, please let me know I'll send them to you for later use.
That's an important piece of information.

Generally, when people say they're changing to Brembo brakes it's because it's an implied upgrade. I'm old enough to remember when this was the case when Brembo made better brake components than OEM offerings. These days, Brembo supplies many OEM manufacturers and their stuff isn't quite the pinnacle that it once was. The name "Brembo" on a blank rotor means next to nothing these days.

I thought you were replacing perfectly good OEM brake components with these as an upgrade is the assumption I was operating from for my responses. A "lateral movement" is obviously an improvement if the variable is new v. old and worn out.

Just to get this thread back on track...

The data we need here is what the cost was of the OEM hardware that you were quoted from Tesla. This will allow us to compare the cost of your hardware with OEM replacement hardware in order to offer a fact-based opinion on if it's worth it or not in terms of the warranty on hardware you'd be forgoing by opting for that path.

I don't hear of many people having to change rotors or pads much on model S.

I did change front pads, not for wear, but because I broke (chipped a chunk off) one pad when prying it incorrectly trying to get it off to do a brake check-over. So I replaced all front pads... The replacements were easily found from aftermarket sources, didn't buy Tesla parts. Holding up fine. Stopping the car very well.