Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front Strut Rattle - SOLVED

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just FYI guys, there is a long thread about this issue and solution posted quite a while ago:

The sound appeared when the aluminum ring rotated. A couple of weeks before this sound appeared, I changed the lower control arms to Danish Triscan ones. Yesterday, as an experiment, a mechanic replaced the lever with an old one and the clicks went away completely, and the ring stopped rotating!!! It’s not yet completely clear whether these are levers or not, but I’ll keep an eye on it.
By the way, I compared Triscan with the original and at least I noticed that the center distance between the silent blocks differs by 1 - 1.5 mm. Also, the internal hole of the large silent block is slightly smaller and a bolt mark remains on it.
Hey there! I am having this same issue on the left hand strut after control arm replacement. I’m not clear as to what your fix was, do you mind explaining further. Apologies for my ignorance.

The sound appeared when the aluminum ring rotated. A couple of weeks before this sound appeared, I changed the lower control arms to Danish Triscan ones. Yesterday, as an experiment, a mechanic replaced the lever with an old one and the clicks went away completely, and the ring stopped rotating!!! It’s not yet completely clear whether these are levers or not, but I’ll keep an eye on it.
By the way, I compared Triscan with the original and at least I noticed that the center distance between the silent blocks differs by 1 - 1.5 mm. Also, the internal hole of the large silent block is slightly smaller and a bolt mark remains on it.

Also sorry, do you mean the mechanic put the old control arm in? The arm that attaches to the subframe, the hub and the strut?

Hey there! I am having this same issue on the left hand strut after control arm replacement. I’m not clear as to what your fix was, do you mind explaining further. Apologies for my ignorance.
This was 100% a problem with the lower control arm. I don’t know for sure whether this is a problem with the geometry of the lever or a problem with the silent block, which is under the air strut