Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front wheel problem when car is reversing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Guys,
A friend of mine who is also a fan of EV in China asked me a question whether this problem ever occurred in the u.s. too: a Tesla model s has got something broken on one of the front wheels during the car was backing up (normally and of course slowly).

He sent me two such after incident videos showing both teslas are having a severely twisted front wheel(a broken metal part connected to it can be seen vaguely in the video). I am not sure whether the broken part belongs to the driveshaft or the tie rod. One of the videos is when the car was exiting a garage, all of a sudden a noise came out and the part was broken, according to the driver.

He also mentioned that this kind of problem happened a few times already to model s. I dont know "a few" means how many exactly.

The defect seems rather odd to me. Since all the model s sold in China were made in the US and exported there, and the US has way more model s running on the road currently, what happened in china should have happened in the u.s. too.

Just wanted to know if any of you ever seen or heard about this kind of problem in reality. Otherwise my suspicion that this is a part of smear tactic could be true.
Thank you.

Attachments

• 5CB89737-AC47-40F8-A7D6-E49146ECD619.jpeg
    5CB89737-AC47-40F8-A7D6-E49146ECD619.jpeg
    276.5 KB · Views: 95
  • C09800FB-98B3-4EEE-882B-C789DEBB143E.jpeg
    C09800FB-98B3-4EEE-882B-C789DEBB143E.jpeg
    543.4 KB · Views: 60