Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frozen Parking Brake: -1 F

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been educated on the issue. I get annual brake lube and cleaning. I still experience frozen calipers at very cold temps. I appreciate the lecture but at -27F in the woods 200kms from home, it was time to innovate, not go to class. thanks and have a good day.
You might want to learn more about this issue. Although your car is post ‘17 production (Tesla have recall on earlier versions), it’s good to know that annual lubrication and cleaning of all calipers can save a huge amount of money.

Last edited:
I had no intention to be offensive but it was clearly you who started this thread three years ago. I do also drive in constant freezing conditions when the winter starts. And so far this was the first hiccup that the brakes have given to me. I also don’t have a garage and this repair that was in the other discussion was performed on one of the days early in the year where temperatures were above freezing.
My point was that people can overcome this if they plan their brake service prior winter. I was lazy and planned to get them lubricated this spring…

Reactions: YYZ-IAD