Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frunk flipped open while driving

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since that is basically the same thing as accusing a company of the hood flying open when driving, it would be a extreme safety hazard. Rather than creating an account on a website you havent ever posted to before, to post a 1 line question, you should (if you havent already) be filing a complaint with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).

The role of the NHTSA is to investigate safety complaints such as this one. If you feel that it is somehow Teslas responsibility, vs yours or whomever was operating the vehicle (as evidenced by the "how to get tesla to take responsibility" statement), then you should be filing a complaint with the NHTSA along with any evidence you have to support your claim.

Upvote 0
Since that is basically the same thing as accusing a company of the hood flying open when driving, it would be a extreme safety hazard. Rather than creating an account on a website you havent ever posted to before, to post a 1 line question, you should (if you havent already) be filing a complaint with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).

The role of the NHTSA is to investigate safety complaints such as this one. If you feel that it is somehow Teslas responsibility, vs yours or whomever was operating the vehicle (as evidenced by the "how to get tesla to take responsibility" statement), then you should be filing a complaint with the NHTSA along with any evidence you have to support your claim.
Thanks I am complaining, I have owned Teslas since 2013, this one included. Tesla gaslit me, which is why I thought the forum would provide avenue for support, sorry about the one line question.

Upvote 0
I recall someone from AZ named Ashley having this occur on her older Model S after she hit 120mph. I believe there was a recall but I would look into that to see if the latch was faulty and to see if Tesla would give you some relief. $5,500 of damage, a scare like that, and the inconvenience factor would not sit well with me.

Upvote 0