Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frunk light auto shut-off?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My MY is getting PPF and ceramic this week, and I've noticed that the frunk is open through the Tesla app, and I am pretty sure they are closed for the day now, so I'm curious if the frunk light is going to stay on all night, or if it auto-shuts off. I don't see an option in the manual where they could have shut this off manually, either. And if it is left on all night, how much drain could that really have on the battery?

No, the car is being PPF/ceramic coated, and I could tell via the Tesla app that they left the frunk open all night. It could have been they only left it 'popped' and not fully open, but if the light doesn't auto shut-off, then as little as that light is, it will cause a drain.

According to the owners manual, the 12V battery will auto-charge from the vehicle battery:

"NOTE: When left idle and unplugged, your vehicle periodically uses energy from the Battery for system tests and recharging the 12V battery when necessary."

I measured no parasitic drain overnight, so I have to believe the light auto-shut off. I would expect 1% drain. Sentry mode wasn't active, but everything else was left as default.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: X-pilot