Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frustrated... DU, contactors etc...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I've now been stranded twice in the past couple months. Once it wasn't a big deal, the other time was out with co-workers in the middle of the night returning from dinner. If it wasn't right at about 0 degrees with 40mph gusts, it wouldn't have been so bad. Roadside service was good at least.

Let's see, my p85 has had the following:
1: sunroof cables and guides
2: Bluetooth not working
3: insulation in doors
4: Bluetooth still not working (firmware eventually solved)
5: rattles
6: Condenser fan noise
7: fixing the problems created by the team fixing the rattles
8: replacement of DU to due noise (Q installed)
9:Nav system crashing, causing speedo panel to lock (reports single speed, didnt notice while driving and thought I was obeying speed limit)
10:Nav/computer system still crashing (Couldn't get it into park until rebooted as well)
11:Nav system Still crashing some more, but no other safety effects
12: HV fuse blew (stranded)
13:TPMS failed, replaced
14: fix to fix the unsecured cabling installed when they put in the TPMS
15:Nav system continues to crash
16: Loud bang and stranded (contactors replaced, still waiting on next steps, but it has been 4 days)

Not included in the above is HVAC not working as well as I would like. Driver side area is not balanced well, but they state it is normal. I get cold feet on long drives, but there is airflow.

I'll admit, most of these are either software or me being picky, but I'm getting extremely frustrated. To just twist the knife in my back a bit more, I received a "great offer" from the CPO team as they want to sell my car, but 10k under what I would expect from Tesla, no offers on newer CPOs still contingent on a number of things. This doesn't include the regular maintenance.

Dunno, just looking to complain a bit. I love my car, but it makes me question my decision for this over a panamera turbo.

• Informative
Reactions: xborg
I actually hate MY car now. In the 15 months since I’ve had it I’ve had three door handles snap, had to have the Takata airbag replaced, had to have the connectivity board for both the radio and phone upgraded and replaced and Im still having issues, my car was left 260 miles from home and I drove my family home in a Kia minivan when my 16 Model S with only 47,000 miles blew the high voltage battery coolant heater unit and the 12 v battery had to be replaced, now I’m having my speedometer reset to zero off and on, as well as my radio stations auto switch to other stations, my radio indicated AM zero the other day, I have a slack feeling that keeps appearing while driving, in my steering wheel (my hand drops about ten degrees to the left) when the tension suddenly disappears, my MCU will delay start up and actually go to the grey tesla t screen for about four or five minutes at different times, and my nav system suddenly freaked out the other day and wouldn’t orient itself properly, put my location as inside several houses which weren’t my own, showed I was driving the opposite way and got stuck. Have I mentioned I have spent about 35 hours driving to and from the service center for all this crap? I’m fed up.

I actually hate MY car now. In the 15 months since I’ve had it I’ve had three door handles snap, had to have the Takata airbag replaced, had to have the connectivity board for both the radio and phone upgraded and replaced and Im still having issues, my car was left 260 miles from home and I drove my family home in a Kia minivan when my 16 Model S with only 47,000 miles blew the high voltage battery coolant heater unit and the 12 v battery had to be replaced, now I’m having my speedometer reset to zero off and on, as well as my radio stations auto switch to other stations, my radio indicated AM zero the other day, I have a slack feeling that keeps appearing while driving, in my steering wheel (my hand drops about ten degrees to the left) when the tension suddenly disappears, my MCU will delay start up and actually go to the grey tesla t screen for about four or five minutes at different times, and my nav system suddenly freaked out the other day and wouldn’t orient itself properly, put my location as inside several houses which weren’t my own, showed I was driving the opposite way and got stuck. Have I mentioned I have spent about 35 hours driving to and from the service center for all this crap? I’m fed up.
Why don't you just sell your car if you hate it so much instead of spamming your story like 30 times all over the place? With all the time you've spent reposting it again and again you could have traded in the S for a nice reliable Camry by now.

Why don't you just sell your car if you hate it so much instead of spamming your story like 30 times all over the place? With all the time you've spent reposting it again and again you could have traded in the S for a nice reliable Camry by now.

Hi Jaguar36. I’m sorry that my trying to glean some information about my bad experience is causing you heartache. This is what I said to another user that was having similar feelings as you. If I had a patient come in with a balance problem and say to me, “fix it.” I wouldn’t know what to do. I would need details as to what’s going on and what started the problem. It’s the same thing with my car. I’m ultimately hoping to find someone on here who is experiencing the same problems as I am or feeling as frustrated as I am, and either by their experience or by putting our heads together, figuring out how to maybe, just maybe, start enjoying my car again. We learn by asking questions, talking to others with more information than ourselves, and by trial and error. During trial and error we hope that it doesn’t blow up in our face and create huge problems for us. I am in the “finding subjects for my research” phase by talking to others, asking questions, and posing my delima to others to see if anyone can help me. Posing my problem in multiple locations allows me to have a much broader audience in the hopes of obtaining useful information. By giving readers all of the background information with my car I am only increasing my chances of finding others with the same problems and thus increasing my chances of having some type of positive outcome. I saw this post and thought, “here’s someone who actually is having tons of issues like I am.” Though they may not hate their car right now they are admittedly questioning their purchase so by posting my entire story I am hoping to see if they have figured anything out. By doing things this way i have been able to gain a little info from other members that are having problems too and for that I am truly grateful.

For those of us who have spent close to 35 hours going to the SVC, dealing with car issues, missing all that time away from work and family, instead of telling us to just give up and get rid of the piece of junk we drive, be positive and helpful. Try to help us find a solution to our problems that doesnt include giving up and buying a dependable car like a Camry because if Teslas are TRULY worth the time, headaches, money, and stress then you should be an advocate for them. Some of us have not been lucky enough to experience that amazing Tesla Product like you have so help us out. I truly hope that you continue to get many wonderful years of use from your tesla and that you never have to deal with recurrent and or multiple issues like I have. Safe travels.