Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frustrated with delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a notice to take delivery of my model Y which was very exciting, but the joy turned into frustration very quickly because I need to pick it up from Dublin CA, and I live in San Jose. There are so many Tesla service centers in the bay area and there is also the Fremont center in between San Jose and Dublin! After a handful of failed attemp on connecting with a human at Tesla to change the location, I gave up and accept the fact that I need to drive to Dublin for the pick up. However I still want to get confirmation on the pick up appointment, so I tried calling the delivary department about 10 times today and always ended up in mail box. Why is it so hard to talk to anyone at Tesla? This is not a good sign...should I be concerned with service issue later?

rather than fighting the system, just just go with the flow. the time you spent on the phone could've just been used to drive to Dublin. it's easier for you to get there to pick up your car than for them to relocate the car closer to you. yes, it's a pain in the ass to call them and get a person on the line. i tired 3 times this week so i just gave up and let them reach me.

Same, I literally work next to the Fremont factory and now I have to drive to Dublin to get my new Y. I wonder if this is where they've been stashing prebuilt ones awaiting supply chain parts and just releasing them now. Been waiting since April. At least it's a good sign it's not only me since l was fearing it's someone else's reject.

Same, I literally work next to the Fremont factory and now I have to drive to Dublin to get my new Y. I wonder if this is where they've been stashing prebuilt ones awaiting supply chain parts and just releasing them now. Been waiting since April. At least it's a good sign it's not only me since l was fearing it's someone else's reject.
Just an update. Scheduled pick up for Monday in Dublin but got a call today they can do direct delivery so they can drop it off at my home or wherever and I can look it over then decide if I will accept delivery.

Pleasant surprise and will save me a whole day so hopefully anyone in the same situation could ask if they can do the same.

Reactions: cancoi
Just an update on the situration.

I got a call back eventually from the Dublin delivary department, and they said the car is not ready and they need 2 weeks to prepare the car. So I agreed and they will delivery to car to my home. Today is the scheduled delivary day, so for no call, no text, and no email from Tesla...only a robot call yesterday confirming I want to take delivary.

I they don't fail on their promise the 2nd time, and I will keep the post updated with the latest.

Latest update,

I got a call last minute to reschedule the delivary to next week, because service department found some "dirt" when doing final stage of quality control...they kind of lose any credibility there for me, why didn't they notice the "dirt" from the 2 weeks they took? And why does it take more than a couple days to clean up some "dirt"? Also why can't they tell me earlier in the day so I didn't waste my Saturday waiting for delivary?

This is beyond the worst customer service I ever encoutered.

Reactions: Radish11 and cancoi
Seems like something is definitely wrong. I had my delivery scheduled for 6/29. On 6/26 Dublin called me and asked if I wanted to pick it up on 6/27. Now sure how close you are to Dublin. But if I were you I’d be taking a drive down there and looking at the car yourself

• Informative
Reactions: pkg0731
Seems like something is definitely wrong. I had my delivery scheduled for 6/29. On 6/26 Dublin called me and asked if I wanted to pick it up on 6/27. Now sure how close you are to Dublin. But if I were you I’d be taking a drive down there and looking at the car yourself

Are the cars just parked outside that you can walk up and look for the VIN?

Latest update:

The new delivary date was today, and they failed again. This time not even a call at the end of the day letting me know what's going on. Also my VIN got changed....so I am pretty sure it wasn't a "dust" at FINAL quality check like they told me on Saturday. So they are liars.

The same things happened to me. They are really liars. First schedule: 6/22 Second: 6/23 Third, today 6/30.
They called me back today at 14:00 said another 10 days to 7/30. The same reason: dirt on the door. They are liars.
No compensations. No one picks up the phone in Dublin. And the voice mailbox is always full. This is the most terrible experience.

Updates:

A gentleman just dropped off the car to my door! About 1 hour 20 min. after I sent an complaint email to Dublin's store and servcie email listed on the website. Not a pleasant experience but I will move on. I am sorry for anyone that is or will be going through the same experience.

Updates:

A gentleman just dropped off the car to my door! About 1 hour 20 min. after I sent an complaint email to Dublin's store and servcie email listed on the website. Not a pleasant experience but I will move on. I am sorry for anyone that is or will be going through the same experience.
Could you let me know the email address? Looks like I need to send emails to them as you did. thanks.

The same things happened to me. They are really liars. First schedule: 6/22 Second: 6/23 Third, today 6/30.
They called me back today at 14:00 said another 10 days to 7/30. The same reason: dirt on the door. They are liars.
No compensations. No one picks up the phone in Dublin. And the voice mailbox is always full. This is the most terrible experience.
OMG!!! Can someone get emails addresses for the managers at Fremont? We ordered our Model 3 a month ago, finally got confirmation that it would be delivered at home today between 9 and 6. Started calling everyone around 2:00 for a better time frame and now it's 10:00 p.m. No car; no explanation.

Reactions: bet_america
OMG!!! Can someone get emails addresses for the managers at Fremont? We ordered our Model 3 a month ago, finally got confirmation that it would be delivered at home today between 9 and 6. Started calling everyone around 2:00 for a better time frame and now it's 10:00 p.m. No car; no explanation.
they said they will call me at 23:00 today for the delivery. You know. They are liars. right now is 22:59.

There’s two sides to these forums, those that really buy into being a “tesla” owner and then the “new” tesla owner. It seems those that have owned a Tesla have gone through the frustration of waiting for a car, car having to be serviced multiple times because of build issues, and so forth. Now they’re buying their second, third or however many times Tesla.
I’m in there with your frustration and what adds to mine are those that seem to advise just “go with the flow” because that’s how tesla is AND that when you get the car it’ll be worth it. SMH there are people out there willing to accept detrimental customer service for a vehicle that’s all the craze and not concerned at.
I hope I don’t become the Tesla Fan boy that I keep hearing about, because I’m reading posts and it’s coming off as being “that guy”.