Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FS: Brand New OEM 2021 Model S Plaid/LR Arachnid Wheels (not including tires or tpms)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good job sflgator! Would you mind telling me the best way to ship wheels/tires. I’ll have my 200 mile Arachnids/Michelins/TPSM for sale since I have bought Signature SV104’s. Thanks.
I'm likely going to ship via UPS in the same boxes that my new Signature wheels arrive in. But I'm only shipping the wheels so guessing the boxes won't fit the wheels + tires; for that, you'll have to likely get larger boxes (from UPS?) somewhere.

I'm likely going to ship via UPS in the same boxes that my new Signature wheels arrive in. But I'm only shipping the wheels so guessing the boxes won't fit the wheels + tires; for that, you'll have to likely get larger boxes (from UPS?) somewhere.
Good job sflgator! Would you mind telling me the best way to ship wheels/tires. I’ll have my 200 mile Arachnids/Michelins/TPSM for sale since I have bought Signature SV104’s. Thanks.
Best way to ship is to get moving boxes and cut them the same size as your wheels/tires. You need one piece of cardboard for each side. Tape the cardboard to each side of the wheel/tire and then wrap heavily with moving wrap. You can do a layer of the small bubble wrap as well. Make sure you let some air out of the tires to lessen the weight.

Reactions: sflgator
Oh so the same bolt pattern then? Offset is easily compensated for and the bigger rubber isn’t an issue on the pre-refresh wheels. Wider tires will also provide better curb protection too. The new Y and 3 UberTurbine wheels offer little curb protection due to them being wider wheels with the same size rubber as before the wheel change. Btw I‘m in Florida too and I’d buy the OP’s wheels but I’m not sure when I’ll be getting my new car because I just postponed delivery due to an injury.
The bolt pattern is the same for both wheels... the original Arachnids will fit flush to the fender with 1/2 inch spacers on the Plaid.
Keep in mind that the original Arachnids are lightweight Forged wheels while the new Plaid Arachnids are heavy cast wheels. ;)

I was kidding, no worries and yes, I agree...the bump to the top is good. ;) Still waiting for the $500 PayPal deposit but he said it's coming later this afternoon...Cali is 3 hours behind. I'll let everyone know if the deposit has been paid and then the wheels will be reserved for the buyer. Still awaiting my VIN (hopefully in the coming days) for my MS Plaid, RN #1144 ordered back on 2/5/21...been a very long wait. My Tesla account says Est Delivery 9/20/21 - 9/30/21, so we'll see. :cool:
I am interested in your wheels, let me know and I can send you the whole amount since it seems like your current buyer is not coming through.

I am interested in your wheels, let me know and I can send you the whole amount since it seems like your current buyer is not coming through.
Who said my current buyer hasn’t “come through?” Already mentioned the wheels have been sold. He sent $500 non-refundable deposit and is just waiting for me to take delivery of my new MS Plaid (hopefully at the end of this month in 2 weeks…est delivery 9/29-9/30 but still waiting for a VIN from f’in Tesla, lol)! So anyhow, thank you for your interest. I will let you know if the deal falls through for some reason but not anticipating that; he’s already committed to the purchase. Thank you.

Who said my current buyer hasn’t “come through?” Already mentioned the wheels have been sold. He sent $500 non-refundable deposit and is just waiting for me to take delivery of my new MS Plaid (hopefully at the end of this month in 2 weeks…est delivery 9/29-9/30 but still waiting for a VIN from f’in Tesla, lol)! So anyhow, thank you for your interest. I will let you know if the deal falls through for some reason but not anticipating that; he’s already committed to the purchase. Thank you.
My mistake. See new at this whole thing. My apologize.

Hey sflgator,
I’m curious on which rims you are replacing with. My wife just got a new 2021 MS LR delivered with the same Arachnid rims you’re selling. She’s not crazy about the matte black and really likes the glossy black turbine rims she had on her 2018 MS, but from why I understand from this thread, the ones out there for sale from the pre-refreshed models won’t fit on the new 2021 refreshed Plaid/LRs. So open to ideas and curious on what youre replacing them with. Thanks!

Hey sflgator,
I’m curious on which rims you are replacing with. My wife just got a new 2021 MS LR delivered with the same Arachnid rims you’re selling. She’s not crazy about the matte black and really likes the glossy black turbine rims she had on her 2018 MS, but from why I understand from this thread, the ones out there for sale from the pre-refreshed models won’t fit on the new 2021 refreshed Plaid/LRs. So open to ideas and curious on what youre replacing them with. Thanks!
21" Signature Monoblock SV104 lightweight forged aluminum alloy wheels - brushed black triple tinted, same size & offset as the oem Tesla Arachnid wheels.
Sflgator Tesla MS Plaid - Signature Monoblock forged SV104 wheels - brushed black triple tinted.JPG

• Love
Reactions: Drew-MS
Hey sflgator,
The older MS rims will fit fine, however, you may want to use small 10mm spacers to have the wheel/tire flush with the fenders.

Ouch but at least he didn't join yesterday 😁
The guy is getting his wheels he bought from me and understands that the delay is Tesla's fault, not mine. He's patiently waiting and has even sold his 19" wheels to another guy looking for 19" winter wheels. It's all good. Some people are more patient and understanding than others. Some things are out of our control but it usually works out in the end. ;)

The older MS rims will fit fine, however, you may want to use small 10mm spacers to have the wheel/tire flush with the fenders.
You know a lot more about wheels etc. than me but are you sure a 10mm spacer would be enough ? The new 19" and 21" rear wheels are 10.5" compared to 9" for rear of the prior S. I would have thought much larger spacers would be needed to get it flush but IDK.

The guy is getting his wheels he bought from me and understands that the delay is Tesla's fault, not mine. He's patiently waiting and has even sold his 19" wheels to another guy looking for 19" winter wheels. It's all good. Some people are more patient and understanding than others. Some things are out of our control but it usually works out in the end. ;)
Merely kidding. I was selling some forged wheels and the guy didn't show. He picked up some cast crap cheaper (but not much, I still have 11). The deposit separates out the jerks.

Replacing the brand new oem Tesla 21" Arachnid wheels for my Model S Plaid (supposed to be taking delivery at the end of Sept, 2021) so I'm "pre-selling" my brand new 21" Arachnid wheels for the Model S Plaid/LR. They were a $4,500.00 upgrade from the 19" wheels...willing to let them go just to recoup $2,000.00 + shipping/insurance OR $2,000.00 total for local pickup here in South Florida. No offers please as I know all you would need are tires & tpms (~ $1.2k-$2k), so regardless, you get a big savings on these brand new oem Tesla 21" wheels.

Sizes:
Front: 21x9.5 (32.4lb)
Rear: 21x10.5 (35.6lb)

The first $500 immediate Zelle or PayPal non-refundable deposit to hold them for the buyer until I get my MS Plaid & new wheels...both should arrive around the same time in 5-6 weeks (current EDD for my car is 9/21/21-9/30/21). $1,500 balance (+ shipping/insurance if applicable) of course would be due either before shipping or on the day of pickup (Zelle transfer, PayPal, or Bank Cashier's Check). PM me if seriously interested (but please no offers below $2k as I'm sure I can sell them easy for more $$ on eBay...just giving my TMC peeps first grabs). Cheers! :cool:
hey man did you ever sell these?

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
Replacing the brand new oem Tesla 21" Arachnid wheels for my Model S Plaid (supposed to be taking delivery at the end of Sept, 2021) so I'm "pre-selling" my brand new 21" Arachnid wheels for the Model S Plaid/LR. They were a $4,500.00 upgrade from the 19" wheels...willing to let them go just to recoup $2,000.00 + shipping/insurance OR $2,000.00 total for local pickup here in South Florida. No offers please as I know all you would need are tires & tpms (~ $1.2k-$2k), so regardless, you get a big savings on these brand new oem Tesla 21" wheels.

Sizes:
Front: 21x9.5 (32.4lb)
Rear: 21x10.5 (35.6lb)

The first $500 immediate Zelle or PayPal non-refundable deposit to hold them for the buyer until I get my MS Plaid & new wheels...both should arrive around the same time in 5-6 weeks (current EDD for my car is 9/21/21-9/30/21). $1,500 balance (+ shipping/insurance if applicable) of course would be due either before shipping or on the day of pickup (Zelle transfer, PayPal, or Bank Cashier's Check). PM me if seriously interested (but please no offers below $2k as I'm sure I can sell them easy for more $$ on eBay...just giving my TMC peeps first grabs). Cheers! :cool:
do you still have the wheels?1