Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FS: VERY RARE SIG 791 75K FIRM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So did this car sell? Obviously not at the 79k But looks like one identical Minus the 40K sun-visor

Model S / 2012 / White - c9268 | Only Used Tesla

That looks about right... very rare @ $39K :cool:

upload_2019-2-4_18-3-1.png

I have a 2012 Sig. too, (Signature red) with Elon's signature on the drivers side visor. The car is still amazing and I'm holding on to it for the time being as I bought a model X for my daily driver. Glad to know there are more than just one signed by Elon.

Elon is very grenerous authgrahping almost anything. As I mentioned above in this thread, Collectors value the car's story "one of only a handful of cars autoghaphed for the historic limited edition rollout of the Model S."

Here is one authentication document I have regarding my car.

"Hi Joe,

I'm writing to confirm that your Signature Model S did receive a signature from Elon Musk on the sunvisor. When we spoke about at that time (November 2012), I did have it arranged to be signed by Elon via working with his assistants at the time.

I worked at the Fremont factory while managing our entire delivery team there (and the entire Northwest region at the time). During my time, we only had a small handful of "signature requests" for Elon that we executed on, yours being one. We never advertised it and shortly after this started declining it on behalf of Elon due to time restraints."

Todate, I've only known one other owner that had his car autographed by Elon for the Sig rollout. Your's would be the third of maybe 5 (a handful). The Sig's signed after the fact will not be worth near as much as the "handful" of "real SIG's" like our's.

• Funny
Reactions: Maaz and FlatSix911
Elon is very grenerous authgrahping almost anything. As I mentioned above in this thread, Collectors value the car's story "one of only a handful of cars autoghaphed for the historic limited edition rollout of the Model S."

"Hi Joe,

I'm writing to confirm that your Signature Model S did receive a signature from Elon Musk on the sunvisor. When we spoke about at that time (November 2012), I did have it arranged to be signed by Elon via working with his assistants at the time.

I worked at the Fremont factory while managing our entire delivery team there (and the entire Northwest region at the time). During my time, we only had a small handful of "signature requests" for Elon that we executed on, yours being one. We never advertised it and shortly after this started declining it on behalf of Elon due to time restraints."

Todate, I've only known one other owner that had his car autographed by Elon for the Sig rollout. Your's would be the third of maybe 5 (a handful). The Sig's signed after the fact will not be worth near as much as the "handful" of "real SIG's" like our's.

Congrats! At a value of $40,000, you have the most expensive sun visor in a Tesla :rolleyes:

"Hi Joe,

Time to quit while you were ahead... now you are just digging a deeper hole :cool:

Final Update: The car is sold.

I kept the only CA Plate with the proper name of the car TESLA MS (when my wife drives it people ask her if the plate means MS Tesla) and the Elon Musk autographed sun visor. If a collector wants to buy the car in the future, I have agreed to reunite the autographed visor to the car if the additional value is mutually agreeable with a split 50/50.

Final Update: The car is sold.

I kept the only CA Plate with the proper name of the car TESLA MS (when my wife drives it people ask her if the plate means MS Tesla) and the Elon Musk autographed sun visor. If a collector wants to buy the car in the future, I have agreed to reunite the autographed visor to the car if the additional value is mutually agreeable with a split 50/50.
How much did it sell for?
More than the flame mail posts above but less than the original 75K asking price with the plates and Elon Musk autograph.

All parties are very happy with the deal!!!

Reactions: MichaelP90DL