Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD 10.4 / 2021.36.8.5 Installed but not FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(I just posted this to another thread 5 minutes ago, hopefully it helps)

I also downloaded 2021.36.8.5 yesterday on my 2019 M3, only showing the same old "You are enrolled in the FSD Beta queue" that has always been there despite the Software page saying that I had FSD 10.4. Last night, I tried going on a drive, soft/hard resets, and letting it go into "deep sleep" overnight, to no avail this morning. I only discovered this morning why it may be working for some and not others.

As the weather turns colder in the U.S., make sure your TPMS are not showing any warnings on your display. I had a rear tire at 36psi, which is low enough for the TPMS symbol to appear continuously. I topped off all my tires, went for a drive until the TPMS was no longer concerned (look at the tire pressure card for all four wheels to be black, the TPMS symbol sticks around for longer than the yellow pressures). After all 4 are black, do the two-button reset to restart the car and clear the TPMS warning, and the car sees all systems go, ready to do some beta testing.

The second it came up from the reset, the Queue message had gone away in the Autopilot tab for me. Hopefully this helps someone else running into the same issue. I would imagine this is applicable for other warnings/alerts as well, but alas mine was just the tire pressure.

Just like the title says, installed FSD 10.4 beta last night with 2021.36.8.5, but no FSD. Looking in autopilot settings there are no options to enable it.

That seems like a bug. Your AP setting is still showing the "request button" instead of giving you the FSD beta options.

Maybe try rebooting your car?

Reactions: K5TRX
It might be camera calibration. I made the mistake of resetting my calibration to see if I would notice any difference, and after about 40-50 miles of driving FSD is STILL calibrating. I got normal AP back after about 20 miles, but under the FSD toggle it says, iirc, “Additional FSD camera calibration 99%”, and it has said that for the past 20-30 miles. Annoying as hell, since I actually have had good experiences with the Beta and enjoyed using it quite a bit. If it doesn’t resolve tomorrow I might reset calibration again and do a long drive to see if I can get it fixed. I’m a little annoyed to have to be driving my car again.

Reactions: pwccycles