Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta Upgrade timing on 2023.12.100

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Everyone,

Pardon me if this is a noob question. I am a new Tesla owner and received my Tesla Model Y on 05/23 and subscribed for the Full Self Driving capability on 05/26 but still have not received any software updates at all since when I first received the car. I check every day including today 06/10 and also have had the 'Advanced' button option checked since day one and have a strong wifi connection in my garage.

The car is currently on software version: 2023.12.100 and the Full Self-Driving Option is greyed out in the Autopilot section.

When can I realistically expect to get a software update that contains the Full Self-Driving Beta to test it out? Is it common to not receive software updates for almost a month?

Thanks in advance!

Be patient. New cars get firmware with a large bugfix version (100) so they do not download new software until the next major release. 2023.12 has been going out, but your car will likely not download new software until 2023.20.x goes out. It looks like there is a 2023.20.4.1 starting to be deployed, so you will likely get a version of 2023.20.X soon.

A month from delivery to first update is not unusual. You've not even had the car for three weeks.

You can check teslafi.com/firmware to get an idea on rollout progress of various software versions.

Reactions: snipax
Be patient. New cars get firmware with a large bugfix version (100) so they do not download new software until the next major release. 2023.12 has been going out, but your car will likely not download new software until 2023.20.x goes out. It looks like there is a 2023.20.4.1 starting to be deployed, so you will likely get a version of 2023.20.X soon.

A month from delivery to first update is not unusual. You've not even had the car for three weeks.

You can check teslafi.com/firmware to get an idea on rollout progress of various software versions.
Got it. This makes sense. Im still a bit confused about how the software release versions are setup. This provides good insight as to how it works for new vehicles. Thanks much!

Since the build you have is newer than the most recent FSD Beta build (2023.12.10), you‘ll have to wait longer than you might otherwise have had to. If your only reason for subscribing to FSD was to get FSD Beta, you might consider cancelling when the next month is due and waiting until you know a newer FSD Beta build is available. In the meantime, don’t install any new builds unless you know it’s FSD Beta. You can get that information from TeslaFi (and elsewhere): TeslaFi.com Tesla Model S 3 X Y Data Logger

Reactions: snipax