Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD button is here!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Being an Android user, it looks like I still cannot even see my score. The play store doesn't have the 4.1 app yet, and I don't like loading apps from other sites.

So far, all I'm seeing is people getting stressed by their score and no added beta users.

you can subscribe genius! can’t you read?! 🤦🏻‍♂️ the hardware is already there, even on entry level cars like yours … Tesla can enable it via software later on.
I’m well aware that you can subscribe, but you also stated that you haven’t subscribed and thus have paid exactly $0 for FSD so it still doesn’t affect you, other than your need to profess irritation and indignation at Tesla for screening the beta testers.

I find this to be like a psychological experiment. I bet if they made this test standard, and added achievements, Tesla would contribute to a safer driving environment for everyone. Could even be a big selling point for them.
This will take the experience to a whole new level. I was talking about Safety score in a Saturday night party with an other Tesla friend and non Tesla people were already giving me awkward stares. This will make them only go crazy.

• Funny
Reactions: PecuniaNonOlet
So let me get this straight because Im confused. In order for the button to show up.. you have to either have previously purchased OR subscribed to the FSD program. Meaning its a minimum cost of $199 to get the button & safety score driving test to actually show up?

I'm honestly not going to spend $199 to get those features to show up because Im just not driving much right now. However if sometime in the future I was planning on a long drive or driving more than I normally do.. I would consider spending the $199 to at least try the current FSD features and receive a rating from the app.. knowing that will might also grant inclusion into the FSD beta program.

You would think at a minimum the safety score driving test would be available to every Tesla owner, regardless of FSD purchase/subscription status. It seems like an awesome way to 1) see how good or bad the car measures your safe driving ability.. 2) sample if you are even eligible for the FSD beta program. Would really suck to spend $199 or $10,000.. only to find out your driving is rated so badly you will never get included in the FSD beta program.

Reactions: WADan
So let me get this straight because Im confused. In order for the button to show up.. you have to either have previously purchased OR subscribed to the FSD program. Meaning its a minimum cost of $199 to get the button & safety score driving test to actually show up?

I'm honestly not going to spend $199 to get those features to show up because Im just not driving much right now. However if sometime in the future I was planning on a long drive or driving more than I normally do.. I would consider spending the $199 to at least try the current FSD features and receive a rating from the app.. knowing that will might also grant inclusion into the FSD beta program.

You would think at a minimum the safety score driving test would be available to every Tesla owner, regardless of FSD purchase/subscription status. It seems like an awesome way to 1) see how good or bad the car measures your safe driving ability.. 2) sample if you are even eligible for the FSD beta program. Would really suck to spend $199 or $10,000.. only to find out your driving is rated so badly you will never get included in the FSD beta program.
Good point. Maybe Tesla will make the Safety score available to all at a later date, but for the time being it’s just the way they decided to roll it out.

Reactions: Yelobird
Can't wait to tune back in next week and see who received the Beta and what their score was. I have yet to push the button for we were enjoying some fun weekend driving. Still so many unanswered question though. How are these Plaid 1/4 launches going to work stopping quickly before the sand pit? How are the Model 3 performance going to handle doing track mode? I guess time will tell.

Can't wait to tune back in next week and see who received the Beta and what their score was. I have yet to push the button for we were enjoying some fun weekend driving. Still so many unanswered question though. How are these Plaid 1/4 launches going to work stopping quickly before the sand pit? How are the Model 3 performance going to handle doing track mode? I guess time will tell.
Haha so for sure it’s one week??

Reactions: Darmie
Good point. Maybe Tesla will make the Safety score available to all at a later date, but for the time being it’s just the way they decided to roll it out.

I subscribed Saturday after the initial push of software went out. I just got the software update today and got added to the FSD beta request queue. So, that took about 48 hours. I have not seen the scoring show up in the app yet, but have read it takes a couple hours. It will be interesting to see how many people report getting in to the beta program (or not getting in)

Reactions: Daekwan
I subscribed Saturday after the initial push of software went out. I just got the software update today and got added to the FSD beta request queue. So, that took about 48 hours. I have not seen the scoring show up in the app yet, but have read it takes a couple hours. It will be interesting to see how many people report getting in to the beta program (or not getting in)
Took me a day for it to show up in the app. The Queue was active on Saturday, but it didn't log me until Sunday. Saturday was only local low speed driving. Sunday was on the freeway and it showed up after about 6 minutes, after the first trip. It took a reboot of the app, but I'd been consistently rebooting it for the last 24 hours. Since it was an iPhone 13 Pro, it had the latest updates on it (4.1 for the app).

Tesla is preparing to enroll beta testers for the FSD software. To be eligible to be a beta tester you have to have FSD, either via purchase or subscription and agree to let them monitor your driving. No one knows how many people will actually be given the beta software to test, when that will occur or what ‘safety score’ you need to qualify. As others have pointed out, we also don’t know if the monitoring will continue for those who do become beta testers and if they can have the beta software revoked for poor driving.

I agree with @bozer - it’s interesting to see people obsess and stress over their scores. (And people complain about Tesla being Big Brother for monitoring your driving, even though you have to consent to it.) I paid for FSD when I bought my car, but I would absolutely not pay $200 per month solely to sign up for a chance to be a beta tester. To each their own, though.

The other thing everyone here needs to realize - this is beta software, and you are potentially signing up to be a beta tester. That means the software will have bugs, not do everything you want it to and you will likely have to submit to monitoring and reporting requirements. I’ve seen this with iphones - people download the beta version of the latest iOS revision because they want the new features and then complain that their phone crashes, etc. If you’re not OK with the risks and obligations of beta software, don’t sign up.

We have State Farm insurance and they have a ‘Drive Save and Save’ program that has you install a beacon in your car that monitors acceleration, braking, turning, etc. (basically everything Tesla does except following distance and autopilot deactivations.) You get a discount on your insurance based on your driving, so it really is the same as what you’ve suggested.

I've signed up and have been FSD'ing around the city but the tab still hasn't shown up in the app. Figures this would come out just after I finished a 3200 mile road trip where I used it most days.... :(

I've signed up and have been FSD'ing around the city but the tab still hasn't shown up in the app. Figures this would come out just after I finished a 3200 mile road trip where I used it most days.... :(
If you're on Android, I don't think it'll happen until you get version 4.1 of the app. I'll wait until it's on the Play Store.