Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD First Drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2023.20.9 FSD 2023 M3 rwd

Actually. my daughter was driving.

Just signed subscription today and no software update or at least it was ready by the time we reach garage.

First impressions, omg amazing experience beyond my own nervousness getting use to the computer driving.

Totally amazing how smooth it was and also slightly moving to right as 18 wheeler passed on left. I never thought I would experience this.

I don't believe that you have a release that can activate FSD yet. 2023.7.20 is the latest release that supports it. You will have to wait for the FSD branch catches up and the car switches over. It may be weeks or months.
You were probably using basic Autopilot.
FSD acts differently than Autopilot and does a lot more.

Yes, it takes a lot of getting used to.

I don't believe that you have a release that can activate FSD yet. 2023.7.20 is the latest release that supports it. You will have to wait for the FSD branch catches up and the car switches over. It may be weeks or months.

Here it is

Attachments

• 20230803_143920.jpg
    20230803_143920.jpg
    506.1 KB · Views: 73
  • 20230803_143840.jpg
    20230803_143840.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 57
  • Informative
Reactions: zoomer0056
Drives very smooth on roads driven interstate, urban and country ... my daughter car so just a passager but so is she ... lol. Note: Person behind the wheel is still responsible
Be sure and don't get complacent because FSD Beta can and will do the worst/most danger thing at the wrong time. 11.3.6 is the most stable version of FSD Beta.

Drives very smooth on roads driven interstate, urban and country ... my daughter car so just a passager but so is she ... lol. Note: Person behind the

Be sure and don't get complacent because FSD Beta can and will do the worst/most danger thing at the wrong time. 11.3.6 is the most stable version of FSD Beta.
Thank you and understand.. My daugher is very attentive

Reactions: zoomer0056

Tesla has been including FSD beta 11.3.6 with the “main” software branch for a few months now on 2023.20.X and 2023.26.X.

The original beta testers with latest FSD beta 11.4.X are stuck on 2023.7.X software.

I just picked up my 2023 Model Y Performance with FSD. I absolutely love manually driving the car, but I’m going to lose my license pretty quickly when the speeding tickets start to pile up! I was only given about 5 minutes of instruction on how to operate the car at delivery time - good thing I had watched so many hours of videos on where to find stuff while waiting for my car to be built.

There are still two areas of difficulty that I need to resolve. First, the little beauty just doesn’t understand what I want when using the voice control. It takes me several tries to say something it recognizes. Things as simple as changing the fan output are tough. I thought “Fan to high” would work, but it doesn’t. Neither does “I’m hot.” And “Set fan to 7” is interpreted as “Set fan 27.” Ugg.

The other learning curve I’m sliding down is the use of FSD. While driving the 180 miles home from my closest Tesla dealer, the FSD worked as advertised, when it worked. But I must have looked at the screen too long trying to find a control and the FSD tripped off simultaneously with the warning to PAY ATTENTION! It said I couldn’t use FSD again on this trip. I managed to get it back by pulling over, turning the car off, and starting over. A little while later, I touched the control to open the glove box and BANG, the FSD kicked off instantly with the warning to PAY ATTENTION! again and a warning that if it happened twice more, it would be locked out PERMANENTLY! Since it seems to be so easy to violate the attention rule I’m pretty sure I won’t have any trouble inadvertently tripping the FSD off a couple more times. If the car permanently disables my $12,000 software upgrade I’m going to be seriously pissed.

Has everybody got this problem or is it new to the interior camera addition?