Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD has detailed map display. Will we loose that?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The FSD free trial includes the detailed full view map display of all lanes and oncoming traffic. It would be very nice if after' the free trial ends my MYLR would keep that function. Will it? I guess time will tell. I am not fond of the limited display I had before of only' right side road details.

When we lose FSD we also loose that extended visualization and go back to the more limited one. However, they did recently add more details to the regular/free autopilot visualization. The opposing lane and cars on either side of the road will display. It doesn't go as far as the FSD visuals range but it's a bit better than before.

For $100/month, you can keep it for as long as you want. 🙂

Why do you regret buying EAP? I had FSD on my previous Model S, but bought EAP for my current one, probably more for auto lane change than anything else.
We bought EAP for the same reasons, auto lane change, auto park, etc. With the FSD 11 stack, NOA isn't really trustworthy, and we didn't get auto park until a couple of weeks ago, so it felt like we'd been scammed. Now that auto park is working again and EAP / NOA will eventually utilize the v12 stack, things are indeed looking up. I feel a bit less foolish now, haha.

I had the three month free FSD at purchase last year for my MYP (referral code back then). When my FSD stopped, the visualization went away. Along with it, the ability to make the one third left screen full screen, by swiping right, which is what I missed most. I am on 2024.8.9 branch, so likely will not have the current 1-month free FSD anytime soon

Reactions: agmonaco