Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Map Correct, But route is wrong!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FSD v11.4

It's been months since the new divergent diamond overpass was completed in Boca Raton, FL where Glades Road and I-95 intersect. The map reflects this correctly now. Shown below with my intended route highlighted in yellow.

The 2nd image shows the heads-up view and planned route the car wants to make. Of course, the old entrance is no more, but the route still thinks it there. This means that the routing isn't using the same map that is displayed.

There must be separate data used for route determination that is lagging behind reality and the displayed map data.

1694922947228.png
1694923111198.png

I believe the map visualization is from Google, but the navigation data is from a different source, so discrepancies can happen. Do you have FSD Beta, and if so, how does it handle that?

Very poorly as it moves all the way to the right expecting an off ramp that is no longer there.

That line is from the map and it shows that even when I have FSD disabled. All the other route use mapped roads to devise a route. This is clearly not.