Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD increasing by $1K 11/1/19

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am torn between rolling the dice on a P3D- becoming available before the tax credit ends in December or just pulling the trigger now on a LR AWD and saving $1K on FSD. Does anyone know if you need to take delivery by the price increase or just order before?

What a joke. Actually show us some decent FSD and I’ll gladly pay you for it. I like to walk so I couldn’t care less about my car picking me up at the front door.

FSD is a monumental work in progress. Tesla is spending on going millions towards this development.
They need to charge an appropriate amount to get a return.
If it WAS fully ready, you would be paying much more my friend. :)

Calling it a ”joke” just illustrates that you don’t get the business model...

FSD is a monumental work in progress. Tesla is spending on going millions towards this development.
They need to charge an appropriate amount to get a return.
If it WAS fully ready, you would be paying much more my friend. :)

Calling it a ”joke” just illustrates that you don’t get the business model...
Exactly. That’s why early adopters get to pay the higher prices as well. It sucks but it works. Kinda.

Theory is that when FSD becomes available, owners will be able to more easily rent theirs out.

Typical TURO rentals around here are well over $100 day, so payback would be quick.

Also, currently I feel that Tesla Autopilot is the finest available. Some value needs to be attributed to that.

Bonus is that people buying FSD will get all additional upgrades, as they become available, via OTA updates. Pretty cool.

i do not see anything that justifies FSD at current price tag, much less 1000$ more expensive.

Chances are, you will get a new car before you can see any real FSD happening, so instead of paying for FSD on this car, put that money on TSLA and get it back when you buy your next car

Well, it’s a good thing not everyone thinks like you, or no one would have new technology. ?
I bought it, so your welcome. :)

Well, it’s a good thing not everyone thinks like you, or no one would have new technology. ?
I bought it, so your welcome. :)

That sounds a lot like a startup company value proposition, but is hardly the only or the best way to back technology advancement.

A more standard way would be to get company stock, as it has been done since capitalism exist: if one believes in the company value proposition, buy a chunk of it.

In the other hand, buying an unfinished, vaguely descript product, with an undetermined delivery date is a great recipe to generate unrealistic expectations, which damages the company image, which in turn slows down technology advancement.