Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking to file a claim in Small Claims / FSD Subscription

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I initially was looking to purchase my Tesla, it was around 2019's Autonomy Day, so I waited for that to happen, when they announced H.W 3.0. I opted to wait for FSD, however, the claims from Tesla and Elon were that 3.0 would come included in every car manufactured starting from that day which was 4/22/19

This is a tweet that announces that all Tesla's being built today are going to have 3.0 from 4/22/19

This is a video from the same day, with Elon Musk clearly stating that all vehicles manufactured today will have "all the necessary hardware", twice.

I now want to subscribe to FSD, but they want to charge me the 1K for the retrofit, my vehicle was purchased and manufactured in June of 2019, but my vehicle came with HW 2.5

I've seen a few threads where people have taken Tesla to small claims, I'm looking for some advice in wether I have a case here. I messaged the service center after the quote with the evidence and my grievances, but they never responded

When I initially was looking to purchase my Tesla, it was around 2019's Autonomy Day, so I waited for that to happen, when they announced H.W 3.0. I opted to wait for FSD, however, the claims from Tesla and Elon were that 3.0 would come included in every car manufactured starting from that day which was 4/22/19

This is a tweet that announces that all Tesla's being built today are going to have 3.0 from 4/22/19

This is a video from the same day, with Elon Musk clearly stating that all vehicles manufactured today will have "all the necessary hardware", twice.

I now want to subscribe to FSD, but they want to charge me the 1K for the retrofit, my vehicle was purchased and manufactured in June of 2019, but my vehicle came with HW 2.5

I've seen a few threads where people have taken Tesla to small claims, I'm looking for some advice in wether I have a case here. I messaged the service center after the quote with the evidence and my grievances, but they never responded
I guess you have a case here, Tesla did technically lie.

How strong your case is and if it is worth your time and money is a different story.

Very interesting, messaging the service center again to see what they say about this. Thanks again!