Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Price increasing May 1?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No surprise....On April 22 they are supposed to be showing the capabilities of FSD to investors and online. They are looking to give it about 10 days for those to see that, digest it and make a decision if they feel this is happening soon and buy before the increase.

This is so odd... current price for me for FSD is $7k. Yet it does so little that I couldn’t justify it in march when the price was lower.

Hard to understand how they are going to raise it— will it fluctuate daily like gas prices? Will it go up once a year?

So confusing.

Reactions: DanCar
Confusing as I see at least 3 different versions of FSD as well as pricing.

1-Customers who bought before Feb 28th when FSD meant fully autonomous (will drive itself)

2-Customers who have EAP and can upgrade to FSD which now is a watered down version of above (does not drive itself)
3-Customers who have AP and can upgrade to FSD which is obviously a bigger upgrade than for people with EAP.

I think Elon will find a way to charge customers with 2,3 extra by promising what customers with 1 were at the time.

Purchased EAP in November and missed the sale for FSD in March (didn’t know so didn’t look at site). Currently my FSD shows at 5k and have never seen it lower. Curious if anyone who has EAP has a different FSD asking price?

I took delivery last April, with EAP, but chose not to pay $3k for FSD at that time. My account shows that I can now purchase FSD for $5k.

We took delivery of a second M3 in August without EAP. Jumped on last month's sale price of $2k to add AP (not full EAP), so second car now shows FSD is available for a paltry $7k.

Not gonna bite on FSD unless it gets a lot cheaper. (I don't even use NOA on the EAP car.)

So I bought AP with my Model 3 in March 2019. I am regretting bypassing FSD for $5K especially now that they are announcing a price increase. Is anyone in the same boat looking to pull the trigger at $7K before 5/1?
$7K is a lot of money already, what are the chances they walk this down to $5K again if the demand isn’t there?

Reactions: patrick80132
So I bought AP with my Model 3 in March 2019. I am regretting bypassing FSD for $5K especially now that they are announcing a price increase. Is anyone in the same boat looking to pull the trigger at $7K before 5/1?
$7K is a lot of money already, what are the chances they walk this down to $5K again if the demand isn’t there?
In the same boat as you. If they would drop it to 5k I would pull the trigger. 7k is still tempting if they are going to raise the price.