Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Stripped From Private Sale? Or Did Seller Not Own It?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you bought a car that did not have a purchased license for FSD, like a former Tesla employee car, then the mechanism to make the FSD disappear would be exactly as you described “I transferred the car to my account and it disappeared.” So since your seller isn’t producing a proof of purchase and you subsequently aren’t producing one for us, call us skeptical.

Now there may have been legitimate mixups where FSD disappears and it shouldn’t. But it is frequently the case that folks just don’t want to find out the reality that they bought something the seller simply didn’t own.

Hence the thread title change. Prove us wrong and I’ll change it back.
I doubt he's an employee but it could be the case (why would he privately sell his car?). I haven't heard back from him yet.

My point on this still stands, there should be clear documentation or instructions somewhere. Mostly, it just seems to be confusion amongst all but those who study the subject deeply (even then there seems to be a fair bit of confusion).

As I started with, I just wanted the EAP the car came from the factory with. Even if I get documentation from the previous owner, there is a near 0% chance I will ever get EAP back.

Change it to whatever you like, doesn't change the situation. Maybe I'm not entitled to FSD but the entire process is nebulous and favors Tesla heavily. I'm here arguing in a forum, once again, about something that should be simple. Instead Tesla has made it almost impossible to figure out.

Last edited: