Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Subscription to start February 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't want to play another telephone game (as happens many times when people paraphrase Elon), so I looked up the transcript. There was the actual exchange made on 1/27/21:

Tesla (TSLA) Q4 2020 Earnings Call Transcript | The Motley Fool

1 month is 2/27/2021, 2 months is 3/27/2021, 2+ is any time before 4/27/2021. Q2 is still consistent with that timing.

well then.

I should also point out this isn't really a technical issue (unlike other promises), more of a marketing decision similar to the whole Model Y SR and LR RWD promises.

The broken promise regarding early access program invites for early FSD buyers wasn't a technical issue either, and realistically neither is their failure to give us priority for software updates (yes, there is a technical element to it but if they can't overcome that, then all hope is lost).

The technical failures, I am more willing to forgive than the things they control and choose not to do.

I've always dreamed of packing the family into the car and heading off to grandma's house... in the dream it's after dinner, the kids get tucked into their seats (or car seats), and off we go for the 12+ hour trip. Leave at 8PM arrive at 8AM, with everyone refreshed.
Of course I heard back in the early 1980's that we'd have self driving cars before the year 2000.
Most folks do not realize how hard driving is because we humans are great at filtering out the unneeded info, and we can learn. I am a much better driver now after years of experience.
Of course, I am a great driver, just like everyone that cuts me off or runs the red-ish lights. ;)

My mother is 89 and probably shouldn't be driving. I'd love for her to have a self driving car (although whether she could adapt to the technology is a big question). When I am 89, I hope there are real self driving cars.

Tesla is at least working on making my dreams come true. Probably within my lifetime!