Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Suspended with zero forced disengagements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have it happen multiple times now over the last year or so where I’ll get in my car and FSD is suspended due to driving behavior but I haven’t had any forced disengagements. This happened yesterday, I drive an hour away and come home. Get in a few hours later and FSD is suspended.
Their new changes are ridiculous as I get the “Please pay attention” when I enable FSD because I glance at the screen to verify it’s active and it tells at me. That’s the worse I’ve gotten yet I’m suspended with zero forced disengagements and others are talking about how they have 4 of 5, what gives?

I'd call up a service center and have them remotely take a peek at your car as it sounds like something is whacked up with your software.

FSD suspension with zero disengagement is not normal unless it thinks you're using a cheat device.

Last edited:
I saw another report of someone getting a silent disengagement. The various FSD releases have intermittently been quite buggy in terms of forced disengagements and strikes. The silent strike is new but I’ve had multiple unprovoked strikes in the past.

My best advice to you is brush it off and be happy that FSD will be back in a week as opposed to a permanent ban like it used to be.

The same thing just happened to me. I was on 3/5 strikes for the last few months. I've had no forced disengagements or warnings. I got in the car yesterday and could not engage FSDB. After pulling to try to re-engage it because the message said I had disabled it I was greeted with the screen that said it is disabled due to driving behavior.

Either Tesla is silently disabling, or the routine that pulls up the user warnings is failing.

FSD suspension with zero disengagement is not normal unless it thinks you're using a cheat device.

If I was going to use a cheat device, it's not because my hands aren't on the wheel, it would be because I'm tired of always having to apply force to the steering while. My fingers are always on the wheel but it's not enough force to stop the warning from engaging.

I have had my car for just over two weeks, and 5 days of that period it was at the shop getting PPF applied, and I am already suspended from FSD for 1 week. Every single "violation" has occurred at night even though I have probably used FSD more during the day. Every time I have a "violation", I have had a hand on the wheel and my eyes on the road. I guess I should have just stopped using it at night, but tonight, driving home, I made extra sure to keep jostling the steering wheel, and even that wasn't enough. Has anyone had a similar experience and figured out what they were doing "wrong"? At this point, I just won't use it at night anymore.

I have had my car for just over two weeks, and 5 days of that period it was at the shop getting PPF applied, and I am already suspended from FSD for 1 week. Every single "violation" has occurred at night even though I have probably used FSD more during the day. Every time I have a "violation", I have had a hand on the wheel and my eyes on the road. I guess I should have just stopped using it at night, but tonight, driving home, I made extra sure to keep jostling the steering wheel, and even that wasn't enough. Has anyone had a similar experience and figured out what they were doing "wrong"? At this point, I just won't use it at night anymore.

All my strikes have been either looking away from the road, or not paying enough attention to the apply torque to the steering wheel alert on the screen. Only been in jail once and it was because I was going on a week long trip so I wanted to reset my strikes before getting to the airport and forced a timeout. I drive 25k miles a year. 99% on FSDb.

Edit to add: as to OP’s situation. This sounds like something is wrong. An AP timeout, which needs to happen 5 times on newer cars is definitely something you should notice. My wife drives my car sometimes and is more prone to timeouts. Even then they have all been accounted for. Not once have I/we felt like we’ve received any without noticing. I would dig deeper.

Last edited:
Guessing your late night driving PPF installer hasn’t read the manual.

CORRECTION: The time given was incorrect and the information they proved was accurate. I am leaving the original post as it illustrates the issues.

I have some very concerning issues with how Tesla is doing this. Here is a response (see screenshot) I received from Tesla about my suspension after ZERO forced disengagements. Tesla tech noted 6 warnings in a 3 minute drive with is just insane in itself.
I subscribe to Tessie and my car wasn’t even being driven at that time (see screenshot). Any way you look at it from a time perspective, I’m in the eastern time and Tesla may be referencing pacific time. If that’s the case you can see I put my car in the garage at 10:10pm and they’re saying it was driven at 10:48pm (7:48p pacific).
I’m trying to get to the end of this and we’ll see how much Tesla reveals about this because it’s concerning not only because I can’t use FSD but there is some serious data integrity issues going on.

Last edited:
CORRECTION: The time given was incorrect and the information they proved was accurate. I am leaving the original post as it illustrates the issues.

I have some very concerning issues with how Tesla is doing this. Here is a response (see screenshot) I received from Tesla about my suspension after ZERO forced disengagements. Tesla tech noted 6 warnings in a 3 minute drive with is just insane in itself.
I subscribe to Tessie and my car wasn’t even being driven at that time (see screenshot). Any way you look at it from a time perspective, I’m in the eastern time and Tesla may be referencing pacific time. If that’s the case you can see I put my car in the garage at 10:10pm and they’re saying it was driven at 10:48pm (7:48p pacific).
I’m trying to get to the end of this and we’ll see how much Tesla reveals about this because it’s concerning not only because I can’t use FSD but there is some serious data integrity issues going on.
Well apparently my wife doesn't know how to communicate effectively when I tell her we've been suspended and she tells me "I don't know why". Tesla came to me with 30days worth of logs and told me each time it was disengaged and looking back it was my wife every time. I could even see it in Tessie that she put the car in park at a stop light to re-engage Autopilot.