Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD up to $10k on October 29, 2020??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had EAP and paid the $4k a couple months ago for the FSD upgrade. Hated spending thousands of dollars on something that should have gone towards more stocks, but I figured what the heck.

Worst case, I looked at it as that will simply be $4k less left to my heirs when I die.

leaving less money to my heirs justification sold me on upgrading to full FSD later today. Won’t have car for a few more weeks but it will arrive with FSD. Other benefits to get it before purchase are that insurance company will insure for full value. Finally it is a business vehicle so there are tax benefits as well. I plan to keep the car for 7-8 years so looking forward to innovation, incremental updates even if full FSD does not happen any time soon.

Does anyone have an idea (guess?, rumor?) when this beta will ultimately come out for the FSD masses?

I’m relatively sure many of the “careful driver” folks that were selected for this beta are just “influencers” selected to talk it up. I’d hate to plunk down 8k to find out this new release won’t get to real people for another year or something.

I’ve heard they are aiming for the end of year...but I don’t know whether there’s any truth or likelihood of that happening.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Does anyone have an idea (guess?, rumor?) when this beta will ultimately come out for the FSD masses?

I’m relatively sure many of the “careful driver” folks that were selected for this beta are just “influencers” selected to talk it up.
No, to your first question.
But, while some are "influencers"
The twitter account of Brandon from Sacramento had like 600 followers (less than 1k) before he got the FSD release. https://twitter.com/Brandonee916
And his videos have been pretty "hype" free.

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC