Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Update - New Autopilot AI Computer rolling out soon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't get too excited apparently you are new here. FSD was promised with 2.0, 2.5 and then 3.0. They promised a Free upgrade for paid users for many years now. I doubt I will ever see if before I give up and sell my Model S.

I believe this update is only for people who ordered FSD not just Enhanced Autopilot. We can wait and see but its the first we've heard of it for awhile and Elon didn't sound like he was guessing. It was pretty confident response.

I believe this update is only for people who ordered FSD not just Enhanced Autopilot. We can wait and see but its the first we've heard of it for awhile and Elon didn't sound like he was guessing. It was pretty confident response.

not sure why you think this is the "first" we've heard of it.

The HW3 computer coming early this year- with free upgrades for everyone who paid for FSD, was public knowledge, from Tesla and Elon, last year.

Numerous threads about it already.

Here's a news story from last October about it-

Tesla owners who ordered Full Self-Driving will get free HW3 upgrade, says Elon Musk

Lol. That would be a low bar.
I think EAP is probably 100% safer than a human driver*

*when used correctly which almost no one does
He's already said that EAP is FSD on the highway. I do believe that they could improve it to be 10x better soon. I think it would have to be way better than that though to have it not require driver attention. The question is would making it 20x better actually make it safer or would people pay less attention causing it to actually be less safe.

What are the chances that this is "Elon Speak"? Which translates to: "His company can't deliver what his mouth is promising".

which part?

HW3 with 2000% more processing power? 0 chance of that- it exists and will be rolling out to the fleet pretty shortly.

That said HW is capable of "full" FSD? Very different story.

But it's pretty certain it'll signal the launch of "some" FSD exclusive features for the first time- it's just unknown which/what they'll be.