Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fuel payment UK EU

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I use a payment card issued by Centtrip pre loaded with £s and euros, this has work very well for years paying for Supercharging in UK and Europe, Centtrip have just informed me that they will no longer support individual accounts and to close the account.

Any suggestions for a replacement that gives the same functionality?

I use a payment card issued by Centtrip pre loaded with £s and euros, this has work very well for years paying for Supercharging in UK and Europe, Centtrip have just informed me that they will no longer support individual accounts and to close the account.

Any suggestions for a replacement that gives the same functionality?
revolut

Monzo has a spending cap though, £200 over 30 days, while with Revolut there are still fees for standard (free) accounts. I'd go with Chase or Starling personally, no withdrawal limits (apart from your usual daily ATM one that all UK banks have) and no monthly account fees.

Monzo has a spending cap though, £200 over 30 days, while with Revolut there are still fees for standard (free) accounts. I'd go with Chase or Starling personally, no withdrawal limits (apart from your usual daily ATM one that all UK banks have) and no monthly account fees.
There's an ATM withdrawal limit with all of them. No spending limit though.

what fees for standard accounts?!

you talk about cash withdrawals I hope...

Yeah cash withdrawals. Monzo has a limit over a 30 day period (rather than daily) and Revolut charge to withdraw if you have a free account.

Appreciate all that have been mentioned meets the OPs original ask, but in case they wanted further flexibility when abroad, then Starling and Chase can offer this without having certain limitations or incur a monthly account fee.

Plenty of research to do on the suggested. None seem to do what Centtrip does, allow currency purchases when the pound spikes. Looks like you have to accept the exchange rate at time of purchase.
If I understand you correctly (I hadn’t heard of Centtrip) then Revolut does this. You can buy and sell currency whenever you choose. You hold currencies in separate pots and transactions will take from the local currency first. It’ll only ‘spot-buy’ if you don’t hold sufficient local currency in the pot.

That sounds like what I’m looking for. Thanks.

Edit. I’m assuming Tesla will take from it in £s and euros.
TESLA should take in any currency, depending where you charge.

the way Revolut works is:

a) you can either have a separate account for the separate currency and separate balances, by doing forex
or
b) keep money in whatever currency you want and it will be charged and exchanged at good rate on the spot.

Have in mind: if you have 10 EUROS and 10 GBP in the account and you need to pay 11 GBP - you will not be able to (meaning that it cannot take pieces of balance from separate accounts for a single transaction) - you will have to convert one of the accounts and/or top-up the desired balance in order to have enough..