Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Full PPF for model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I am getting my new model 3 in a week and have been looking at prices for a full PPF wrap to be done. The best quote I have had so far is £4200. I have seen other down south (I am up in Newcastle) bring quoted no more than £3000.

Looking for advice if I am being ripped off at £4200 for SPF-XI PPF full body wrap including paint correction etc.

Also collecting M3 soon, 1 Dec... haven't seen much on good places (London) to get ppf, tinting etc... come on you knowledgeable Tesla folk please give us some ideas on where to get these things done, please please please! 😁

I had full PPF on a 2019 M3P. Still looks immaculate apart from a small ding where a tw@t at Eden Project rammed his door into it. Confident it would have been much worse without the film. Mine was done for around £3k at "mates rates" and on the back of additional work on the wife's car. Full price back then would have been up nearer £4k I reckon. The guy I used does a lot of the Ferraris and Lambos etc around Derby and isn't the cheapest - but he is very good. £4.2k may be a bit steep but maybe the price of the film etc has gone up along with everything else?

Be sure that any service you use wraps the PPF around and under the panel edges. A lot just go flush which ain't ideal, particularly for the lower panels where you need as much protection as possible. Also research the type of wrap - everyone seems to rate XPEL but I went with Premium Shield self-healing stuff as it was a much nicer finish as well as being very tough. I was able to see it on a variety of super cars which made my mind up and also made me realise how humble my new Tesla was :)

I had full PPF on a 2019 M3P. Still looks immaculate apart from a small ding where a tw@t at Eden Project rammed his door into it. Confident it would have been much worse without the film. Mine was done for around £3k at "mates rates" and on the back of additional work on the wife's car. Full price back then would have been up nearer £4k I reckon. The guy I used does a lot of the Ferraris and Lambos etc around Derby and isn't the cheapest - but he is very good. £4.2k may be a bit steep but maybe the price of the film etc has gone up along with everything else?

Be sure that any service you use wraps the PPF around and under the panel edges. A lot just go flush which ain't ideal, particularly for the lower panels where you need as much protection as possible. Also research the type of wrap - everyone seems to rate XPEL but I went with Premium Shield self-healing stuff as it was a much nicer finish as well as being very tough. I was able to see it on a variety of super cars which made my mind up and also made me realise how humble my new Tesla was :)
Thanks for the info. The place does commercial as well as personal. They have done a lot of high end cars and the work looks stunning once done.

Just wanted to get impartial advice as this is the first time I have ever had PPF done. All my other cars have been cheaper cars and just had a wash and wax done at home by me, LOL.

Reactions: spon88

Can you give details of your man near Derby please

Please can you give details of your PPF man near Derby. Thanks

I was being quoted 3.5k for full PPF. Too dear for me. Cheaper to just touch up issues if they arise. I opted for a full ceramic instead for 1.1k. I think making cleaning the car a much easier job is well worth it.
I took a similar view and had mine cc'd as well. Mine was done in June, cost around £800 and has proven to be very effective in making car the stay clean longer and is easy to wash when needed. One aspect I hadn't anticipated was just how clean the wheels seem to stay - appreciate this is more because of a lack of brake dust, but was something that used to irritate me with previous ICE cars. Break your back cleaning the wheels only for them to be filthy again a week later.

I did look into partial PPF at the time but was stopped by Direct Line refusing to continue cover if I did. I have moved on from DL since but no plans to revisit the PPF option now.

Reactions: kael13
I had my red M3P done by Reep in Leicester for about £3200 including g-tecniq ceramic coating, paint correction and window tinting. Amazing work. You can find them on Google. This was in July 2021.
Sorry, I should have added in my earlier post that the work I had done included full paint correction and a couple of coats of 'Halo' ceramic. If you're going all in on PPF then I reckon you need that. It's certainly still very shiny and easy to wash over 2 years later

Reactions: Abernus
Pros and cons with PPF. Back when I had it done cars were coming in with variable quality paint jobs and the paint was generally acknowledged as thin and soft in quite a few cases. I made the decision that I couldn't live with that and for a few grand elected to go full PPF. The car is pristine still, save for the small ding where a numpty bashed it one. I reckon that would have been much worse without the film. There are zero paint chips and the car is a doddle to keep clean.

The downside is the initial cost and also some restriction with insurers. There are a couple of insurers who don't like PPF but quite a few more who don't mind and don't add a premium. So worth knowing about.

I can understand why some would opt for PPF and other wouldn't, but horses for courses. I don't mind paying a bit for the peace of mind

Reactions: Abernus
Can they refuse a claim if the PPF is on at your own expense and will be re-done with own expense too? What is up with the insurers? I got a quotation for 4.8K (with VAT) with the roof , I am thinking that is crazy money. Maybe just GTechniq CC and Full Front and Sills? that would be enough to run. I am a bit OCD, so i have been searching a lot lately, Suntek has come up with a new film called reaction which does have CC built in to it.

Can they refuse a claim if the PPF is on at your own expense and will be re-done with own expense too? What is up with the insurers? I got a quotation for 4.8K (with VAT) with the roof , I am thinking that is crazy money. Maybe just GTechniq CC and Full Front and Sills? that would be enough to run. I am a bit OCD, so i have been searching a lot lately, Suntek has come up with a new film called reaction which does have CC built in to it.
Direct Line told me they would decline cover if I had PPF applied while my policy was in force, but strangely would happily insure the car if PPF had already been applied before the cover started.

Just had mine done for 4.3k

Regarding insurance - they just don't want to replace PPF as part of repairs. They don't really need to know, just use your chosen repair shop and re-apply PPF for that panel after repair.

Admiral told me today that PPF doesn't matter to them, doesn't even need to be noted down on the policy as a modification, and thus no change to premium. As such it of course won't be covered under the policy, but it won't invalidate any claims or anything like that.