Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Full screen gaming

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I'm new here, so I don't know if its a well known trick. If yes, I'll happy to delete thread.

Recently I've discovered how I can play modern games with game controller (im using PS4) on my Model Y in full screen.

I've played PUBG and Elder Scrolls Online. Gameplay was not perfect, but looks because I had not very good internet connection...

The process is a bit tricky, but if anyone interested I can describe :)

Attachments

• PXL_20210908_170156689.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210908_170156689.MP.jpg
    373.5 KB · Views: 206
  • PXL_20210908_165211192.jpg
    PXL_20210908_165211192.jpg
    416.6 KB · Views: 138
  • PXL_20210908_164936924.jpg
    PXL_20210908_164936924.jpg
    476.2 KB · Views: 118
  • Informative
Reactions: kishkaru
Feels like op had a game up in stadia on another device the. Loaded state on the tesla in multiple different locations. Controller probs doesn't work.

Just a theory.

But I'd love to be wrong. Let us in OP

Can confirm Stadia works with controller full screen using YouTube redirect

Can confirm Stadia works with controller full screen using YouTube redirect

Would you mind explaining "Youtube redirect?"

Putting a YouTube redirect link will open up the "YouTube app" full screen but follow through to the redirect link. You have to have it as a link on a page somewhere and it will not work simply by putting it in the address bar.

Like this YouTube
That link worked perfectly, thank you. But so far I haven't managed to get Stadia to recognize my controller in that setup, which does make the whole thing somewhat moot. I've tried with two different Xbox One controllers plugged in via USB. Any tips?

Well good news, I think it may have just been the cable. So now Stadia recognizes my OEM Xbox One controller (as well as the PowerA one that I bought because I didn't think the OEM worked). Not sure why that was the case, I was definitely using a data cable, but a different one fixed the problem. Go figure.

Holy moly, I can play real games in my car now 🤯

Reactions: GtiMart
Well good news, I think it may have just been the cable. So now Stadia recognizes my OEM Xbox One controller (as well as the PowerA one that I bought because I didn't think the OEM worked). Not sure why that was the case, I was definitely using a data cable, but a different one fixed the problem. Go figure.

Holy moly, I can play real games in my car now 🤯
Apologies but I’m a noob on this. Just got a model Y and saw the full screen games post. I’ve tried my Xbox one controller via adapter (that works on Beach Buggy Racing etc), but it doesn’t seem to work on the Xbox cloud games. I’ve also got a wired controller but that seems to be the same. Any suggestions for how I can play fully screen Xbox games?