Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor FullShade - The First Retractable Roof Sunshade for Tesla Mode 3 and Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello friends!

Like you, I'm a Tesla owner myself. Me and my team designed a retractable roof sunshade with the most efficient light and heat blockout for Tesla Model Y/3, hoping to help every Tesla owner to enjoy the driving experience a little better. I'm sharing this product and our story behind on KickStarter. Hope to hear your thoughts and get your support!

Click to see details!

banner_画板 1 副本.jpg

Last edited:
Otrifowd has a v2 that’s half the price. Not sure what the difference is
From what I can gather, the Model 3 version attaches differently, using only clips. Also, which was even more important for me, is that they take up less window space on the sides to hide the tracks. The Model Y version, instead of one large piece, is now in four pieces, which greatly reduces the cost of shipping.

Reactions: dafish
(moderator note)

Please keep the discussion to this vendors product in this thread. If you want to discuss competing products, please do that in a different thread.
Personally I try to be polite and always honor mod requests. So it shall be here. That said, this is one seemingly odd position.
  1. Discussing the value statement of a product is hardly unfair, and that typically Includes contrast to other products.
  2. Starting a different thread to compare/contrast just chops up continuity of research.
  3. In this case probably detracts from the vendors success. One could, after all, posit that this is a superior product. Counter to that would be: “what is vendor afraid of/hiding”
  4. The discussion is still going to happen.
  5. The most important: We all come to the forum to gain real insight instead of marketing hype and non-truths. Any thread that can’t take that feels suspect. To me anyway.
All up it feels like a non desirable result. Obviously we should all politely honor mods request. These things said, perhaps future decisions might be more embrassive of comparisons.

Respectfully,
-d

Do you own one? Does it really reduce heat in the vehicle?
Yes, and yes! Yesterday in NJ was extremely hot and I put my hand up to open the shade because my little one wanted to see an airplane and the heat that was trapped inside between the shade and the roof was significantly noticeable.

The car cabin was definitely cooler (albeit we were at the pool club for a few hours and I had the windshield shade in too) but this shade is a big help.

i just got mine. it's really nice visually, easy to install. seems to be stable enough.

my only two nitpicks are with the shade itself - i wish it had that silver reflective material on top. it's also really flimsy, it looks like you can easily puncture it.

Flimsy not good, nor is no refective material. Guess I'll see. Mine hasn't even shipped yet! Argh!!

Ocho, are you M3 or Y? Factory order or Amazon?

M3, factory ordered cuz they have a $15 discount from there. It still ships through Amazon logistics though. Imo, it's still way better than the old kinds. Despite the lack of reflective material, I still seem to be getting the same temps so maybe they didn't do as much for me as I thought.

Buyer Beware: I just received my Model Y shade. At the same time I was sent this email:

Dear valued customer,

Hope this email finds you well. This is the Otrifowd Team and we want to express our heartfelt gratitude for choosing Fullshade as your preferred for sunshade solution.

We have recently become aware of some compatibility issues reported by a portion of our customers after the delivery of the 2.0 version. In light of this, our team and manufacturing partners have conducted in-depth investigations to identify the root cause of these concerns and explore the solutions. If you have experienced any dissatisfaction with our product, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused and want to assure you that we are committed to finding satisfactory solutions. At the same time, we have decided to bear losses to reduce the price of the product, and we would accept any price match request for the 2.0 Model Y Fullshade.

Don't know about you, but I would have cancelled my order had I known. I suppose why they elected to ship a problem product out and keep what money they can. Most of us would not do business with a vendor that acts like this. Honestly, TMC should boot them out.

Are there any model Y owners out there with experience with this?

Buyer Beware: I just received my Model Y shade. At the same time I was sent this email:

Dear valued customer,

Hope this email finds you well. This is the Otrifowd Team and we want to express our heartfelt gratitude for choosing Fullshade as your preferred for sunshade solution.

We have recently become aware of some compatibility issues reported by a portion of our customers after the delivery of the 2.0 version. In light of this, our team and manufacturing partners have conducted in-depth investigations to identify the root cause of these concerns and explore the solutions. If you have experienced any dissatisfaction with our product, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused and want to assure you that we are committed to finding satisfactory solutions. At the same time, we have decided to bear losses to reduce the price of the product, and we would accept any price match request for the 2.0 Model Y Fullshade.

Don't know about you, but I would have cancelled my order had I known. I suppose why they elected to ship a problem product out and keep what money they can. Most of us would not do business with a vendor that acts like this. Honestly, TMC should boot them out.

Are there any model Y owners out there with experience with this?
Did you try installing it to check for “compatibility issues”? I don’t really understand their solution - how can you get a price match on an item only they make? If there are knockoffs, they probably wouldn’t match the price. If it didn’t fit properly, I’d want to return it at their expense for a refund. Especially now that they are emailing people about an issue they’re aware of.

I've not opened it, and won't for now. I too am thinking refund. I've emailed them and asked for more information about the problem. If it needs trimming or etc and can otherwise work I'll do same and accept some credits. If it's going to look like heck than it's outa here. My guess is they're sorta admitting it's a screwup, they'll refund me but don't want it back, and are hoping I'll find some amount of value with it.

I mean that's better than "piss off buddy", but why in goodness sake ship it at all if they knew it had problems? Nobody gonna like this. Me included.

Mine is also still unopened (for a ‘23 MYLR) and I was hoping that someone who installed version 2.0 (or the vendor who is the OP) can clarify what “compatibility issues” actually means. I don’t want to unpack it, attempt installation and then not be able to repack everything for a return if it doesn’t fit correctly.

I'm in the same boat as dafish and Scottny. Except I sent an email to vendor requesting refund and to return since ordered directly from their website. I'm not to pleased with their responses so far basically them stating that they hope I would install and let them know if I have any issues and they'd be willing to provide assistance, whatever that means. At this point Im not inclined to try and install this and would suggest anybody that is interested in ordering this product to do so via Amazon for easier return/refund. Below is first email response I got from them

Hi there,
Thank you for your feedback. Actually, only a very small number of users may experience minor gaps due to variations in car frames. We also have a solution available for you to try during installation. If you encounter any issues, please don't hesitate to contact us, and we will be here to assist you.
Thank you for your understanding and support.
Best regards,

Your Service Team