Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor FullShade - The First Retractable Roof Sunshade for Tesla Mode 3 and Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello friends!

Like you, I'm a Tesla owner myself. Me and my team designed a retractable roof sunshade with the most efficient light and heat blockout for Tesla Model Y/3, hoping to help every Tesla owner to enjoy the driving experience a little better. I'm sharing this product and our story behind on KickStarter. Hope to hear your thoughts and get your support!

Click to see details!

banner_画板 1 副本.jpg

Last edited:
Hello friends!

Like you, I'm a Tesla owner myself. Me and my team designed a retractable roof sunshade with the most efficient light and heat blockout for Tesla Model Y/3, hoping to help every Tesla owner to enjoy the driving experience a little better. I'm sharing this product and our story behind on KickStarter. Hope to hear your thoughts and get your support!
Too bad you are not shipping to Europe.

Otrifowd has a v2 that’s half the price. Not sure what the difference is
They were able to minimize some of their logistics costs which I think helped lower the price.

The v2 is excellent, imo for the money you won’t find a better shade

Does anyone have any experience with the 2.0 version? I’m trying to find out how it performs with the window(s) open and shade both fully closed, and with a partially closed front and/or rear shade. IIRC, I read somewhere that the first OtriFowd version had significant buffeting issues with the windows open.

(moderator note)

Please keep the discussion to this vendors product in this thread. If you want to discuss competing products, please do that in a different thread.
As far as I can tell that is just version 2 of the same shade by this vendor, not a different vendor.
They have an announcement post here:
Vendor - Enjoy a 50% Off Offer for Fullshade 2.0 for Model 3! Get Ready for Amazing Surprises!
They also have an Amazon listing for people that want to buy with Amazon stock:
https://www.amazon.com/OtriFowd-2017-2023-FullShade-Retractable-Accessories/dp/B0BXSB36FM

Does anyone have any experience with the 2.0 version? I’m trying to find out how it performs with the window(s) open and shade both fully closed, and with a partially closed front and/or rear shade. IIRC, I read somewhere that the first OtriFowd version had significant buffeting issues with the windows open.
Yes, an Amazon review in the link above mentioned the rear shade almost got damaged when windows were open and shades were fully closed. The person warned that rear shades need to be retracted when windows are open.
Amazon.com

That's kind of a non-starter for me personally if that is an issue, as it'll be a hassle to retract it every time, and currently I use my normal shades occasionally with windows open. It's loud due to flapping from the wind, but there is no risk of damage. I can see why that is hard to prevent however, given the rear shade only goes part way, so there is a lot of space for wind to get between it and the glass.

But the whole design is an interesting idea.

Yes, an Amazon review in the link above mentioned the rear shade almost got damaged when windows were open and shades were fully closed. The person warned that rear shades need to be retracted when windows are open.
Amazon.com

That's kind of a non-starter for me personally if that is an issue, as it'll be a hassle to retract it every time, and currently I use my normal shades occasionally with windows open. It's loud due to flapping from the wind, but there is no risk of damage. I can see why that is hard to prevent however, given the rear shade only goes part way, so there is a lot of space for wind to get between it and the glass.

But the whole design is an interesting idea.
I assume your normal shades do not retract easily and you have to remove them manually so I would think having these 2.0 versions you can just simply slide it back, unlike most of the shades that don’t have that ability. The flapping that you described is probably something that will happen with any of the shades, and may be the person who said they “almost” damaged theirs witnessed flapping and closed his windows or retracted the shades.

Reactions: PauliePucks
As far as I can tell that is just version 2 of the same shade by this vendor, not a different vendor.
They have an announcement post here:
Vendor - Enjoy a 50% Off Offer for Fullshade 2.0 for Model 3! Get Ready for Amazing Surprises!
They also have an Amazon listing for people that want to buy with Amazon stock:
Amazon.com
I believe the moderator was referring to my question regarding had you tried other shades or something like that. I don’t recall exactly what I said because I deleted it but my question did have a potential to spark discussion about other shades.

I assume your normal shades do not retract easily and you have to remove them manually so I would think having these 2.0 versions you can just simply slide it back, unlike most of the shades that don’t have that ability. The flapping that you described is probably something that will happen with any of the shades, and may be the person who said they “almost” damaged theirs witnessed flapping and closed his windows or retracted the shades.
Yes, I'm using shades that have to be removed manually, but I'm simply saying that I don't forsee wanting to retract the shades every time just to vent the windows, even if they can be retracted relatively easily. The person said the shade became deformed but luckily they were able to get it back into shape. Given the shade is only supported in the front and back (not an entire frame like conventional cloth shades) and folds like an accordion, I can see it possibly being damaged from flapping around in the wind. That said, it would be good to have someone chime in with more extensive experience and details (like how big can the windows be opened before it becomes a problem, is it ok to open front windows only, etc).

Reactions: jerome8283
I believe the moderator was referring to my question regarding had you tried other shades or something like that. I don’t recall exactly what I said because I deleted it but my question did have a potential to spark discussion about other shades.

Thanks for understanding, and it definitely wasnt just you (I deleted a number of other posts on other manufacturers products).

Reactions: jerome8283
Yes! I bought one a few weeks ago when I first became aware of the new version. I haven't noticed any buffeting with my windows down at all, then again, I typically don't drive with them down, but I did drop my driver's window and back window the other day when the weather was just beautiful and I didn't notice any rattling or issues whatsoever with the closed shade. I have not tried it with all window rolled fully down. I notice a big difference when the sun is beating down. These block the sun completely and insulates great against heat. I feel like my A/C is having to work less hard to keep the car cool and comfortable.

I have been watching this vendor for a long time. The two things that were holding me back were the price and the feeling that too much of the window glass being blocked to hide the tracks. But this version easily mitigated both of those objections for me and I am very pleased with the quality of construction, ease of installation and use.

20230608_233332.jpg

Last edited: