Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Retractable Roof Sunshade is on Sale!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
邮件回复页面6.jpg

Thanksgiving is the best timing to say thank you to your friends and family.

As a small team, we would like to thank everyone who has supported our FullShade - The First Retractable Roof Sunshade for Tesla on our Kickstarter project. That means a lot to us. We received many positive feedbacks from the Tesla community and we feel so grateful.

What is FullShade?

FullShade is the first retractable, one-piece integrated roof sunshade solution for Tesla Model Y and Model 3 (2 pieces). It is the ONLY roof sunshade that provides the best heat and sunlight block out, yet still gives you easy access to the glass roof. It's an all-around upgrade from traditional fabric roof sunshade on the market and it is the ultimate roof sunshade that saves every Tesla owner's summer!
20220823-162955.jpg

• FullShade is retractable: Unlike fabric sunshades, FullShade allows users to open or close anywhere and anytime. They will never need to deal with setup and removal in every day driving.
  • Block 100% sunlight & reduce 85% heat transmission: Thanks to the innovative material we use, it keeps cabin temperature at a reasonable level and largely reduces AC usage and extends battery mileage in hot summer or in cold winter.
  • Perfect fit, perfect appearance: FullShade integrates into the car roof perfectly with a nice appearance and a perfect fit. So it does not sag like traditional fabric shades; it won't make any noises when driving.
  • Easy, no-damage, DIY level installation: No drilling, no mark that will permanent damage your glass roof. Comprehensive installation guide comes in the package and it will take within 30mins to set up.
Use promotion code EDMBF15 to get the deepest promotion discount for the year! Limited stock available during Black Friday and Cyber Monday.

Visit our webpage:
Visit our Amazon store:

邮件回复页面2 Model Y.gif

Last edited:
I had a two piece “foldable” roof shade prior that was silver lined (top side). That did a much better job at rejecting heat while sacrificing the view (almost completely opaque due to the silver lining).

What size foam tape did you use?

Also, another problem I’m having is the metal grab handle (not exactly a handle) gets very hot and makes it hard to use IMO.
what roof shade did you get? The issue I have with them is that most sag too much :(

Any actually good one that doesnt' sag?

what roof shade did you get? The issue I have with them is that most sag too much :(

Yes, I’ve had two Topfit shades and both were excellent. I had two because TH e first was just plain black. It did a decent job. But I got a second one, same brand, that was silver lined on the top. At the expense of light transmission, it rejected heat really well. No sag on either one. $42 or so on Amazon.

Reactions: acatwith12
Got mine in and installed. Pretty disappointed, to be honest. I see the same gap issue between sections. It rattles pretty badly on the poor roads in town and I'm not yet convinced it's doing much of anything. The vendor seems shady as hell, too.

I'm trying to decide whether it's worth the hassle to pursue a resolution or just live with it for a while till I come up with a better idea. Really wish "plain metal roof" had been an option. :confused:

Are they sending these "repair kits" for free if you request it? Its honestly been a pain to deal with them directly for return and refund and it sounds like quite a few people are having a gap issues which again tells me its a quality issue with their product. The company however keeps stating to me its not a quality issue, and keeps telling me for return and refund that I have to pay for the return shipping since its not a quality issue from their point of view, which is a bunch of bs. Its pretty clear there are quality issues whether or not they label it as "compatibility issue" vs quality in their mass email to customers who purchased through their website and received it recently.

At this point I would not suggest anyone to purchase this product whether from amazon or direct site. And honestly wouldn't purchase anything directly from their website at all based on responses I've received from them

Just installed with the 'seam repair kit'. It does help to keep the corners 'square', but the overall fit is certainly not perfect. It doesn't follow the curves exactly so there will be light gaps. It does boggle the mind why they couldn't have adjusted the manufacturing template to fill the gaps. Its as if they designed this on the computer sent the specs directly to a factory without field testing. Its close but ....

Functionally it seems fine given the price. Is there a better quality alternative available @ $200? If not, then I would say this is 'decent' if you are not OCD. Have not tested out rattles yet.

Just installed with the 'seam repair kit'. It does help to keep the corners 'square', but the overall fit is certainly not perfect. It doesn't follow the curves exactly so there will be light gaps. It does boggle the mind why they couldn't have adjusted the manufacturing template to fill the gaps. Its as if they designed this on the computer sent the specs directly to a factory without field testing. Its close but ....

Functionally it seems fine given the price. Is there a better quality alternative available @ $200? If not, then I would say this is 'decent' if you are not OCD. Have not tested out rattles yet.
How did you manage to get the accessory kit?

Seems like the best option at the price point, but that’s not good enough for my expectations.

Hope others get this sorted out somehow. Good luck!

Update. I just got a third one LOL. I decided to get the beige one that is also silver lined. Looks better, IMO, but I see shadows from the raindrops and that bugs me lol but if the roof is clean, the beige one looks better IMO. Not a perfect match but looks like it belongs more than the black versions.

Installed mine today. The assembly was pretty easy. I believe you need to ensure the connections at each corner are tight, with no gaps. If there are gaps I would imagine one would experience misalignments when installing it in the car. It’s not perfect and the fit could be better. The tape is holding for now but I can see how it will come apart. Other areas around the sides and rear aren’t a tight fit but it’s acceptable. I think the magnet is a bit strong and the rear shade doesn’t slide as easy as the front. The honey comb section was wrinkled in sections when I first installed it but when I came back out later it was all fine.

I have to try it out for a few days to determine if I’ll keep it.

Installed mine today. The assembly was pretty easy. I believe you need to ensure the connections at each corner are tight, with no gaps. If there are gaps I would imagine one would experience misalignments when installing it in the car. It’s not perfect and the fit could be better. The tape is holding for now but I can see how it will come apart. Other areas around the sides and rear aren’t a tight fit but it’s acceptable. I think the magnet is a bit strong and the rear shade doesn’t slide as easy as the front. The honey comb section was wrinkled in sections when I first installed it but when I came back out later it was all fine.

I have to try it out for a few days to determine if I’ll keep it.
I also found the magnet to be too strong. Overkill to do what it needs.

I drove today and the shade does rattle. It’s not a lot and if you drive with music on you barely noticed it. It may get annoying.

I believe a better overall design would be two sections for the Model Y with the center being the connecting point. Remove the connecting design at the front. Maybe a center piece similar to the rear but this would be the magnet each separate section would join when closed. Just a thought.

I drove today and the shade does rattle. It’s not a lot and if you drive with music on you barely noticed it. It may get annoying.

I believe a better overall design would be two sections for the Model Y with the center being the connecting point. Remove the connecting design at the front. Maybe a center piece similar to the rear but this would be the magnet each separate section would join when closed. Just a thought.
It was designed the way it is to minimize shipping size/cost.

Can't return mine anymore so I pulled it out and tossed it in the trash. :mad: I could live with small gaps, I could live with it being hard to open... but the danged rattles that might have been unnoticeable in my previous old used gassers were just annoying as heck. Might get a non-retractable sunshade of some kind, I don't know.

Reactions: fsb1
I keep reading through all the issues here and shocked how bad the Y version seems versus the one in my 3. I just took a 1k mile trip in mine and it worked great. Absolutely no rattles, and did a great job blocking out the sun on 110F days with intense sun. So much better than the fabric one in my S. that isn't retractable.

I have two of these at this point (they sent me another to address issues with the first. They both have different issues, so the QC is all over the place. The first one the front section would slowly close on its own if it was open, the second one the rear section opens on its own if the front and back aren't connected together. I have managed to fix the issues on my own (not that I should have to be fixing a brand new product) and actually quite like it as there is no other solution available like this. The heat rejection is quite good, and you can open and close it as you like. The big issues are the fit and finish (the pieces don't connect together very well), the gaps around the sides and it does rattle. They seem to have acknowledged the issues and told me they are already working on the next version lol... It's also down to $150 on Amazon. How low will it go...