Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fun discovery. Auto pilot icon.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

cypho

Dec 20, 2018
USA
I was playing with autopilot in rush hour traffic today and notice something fun. The steering wheel autopilot icon turns to reflect the actual position of the steering wheel.

Because autopilot doesn't normally make very sharp turns I don't think I'd ever notice this before. But now that I know to look for it I see that every little turn autopilot makes his reflected in that icon.

Attachments

• IMG_20190812_163138.jpg
    IMG_20190812_163138.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 76
  • Informative
Reactions: mrau and Phlier
I was playing with autopilot in rush hour traffic today and notice something fun. The steering wheel autopilot icon turns to reflect the actual position of the steering wheel.

Because autopilot doesn't normally make very sharp turns I don't think I'd ever notice this before. But now that I know to look for it I see that every little turn autopilot makes his reflected in that icon.
yea, it has been around for 2-3 months now in recent versions. Cute, but I wish time would be spent toward more important things. I can see where the car is turning without that graphic. :D

Reactions: NielsT