Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Future Car Challenge | Nov 6th, Brighton to London

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So how did the Tesla do?
None of the Tesla's won anything... unfortunately, the data logging equipment supplied for the event could only be fitted by Tesla tech's because of potential warranty issues (the sensors were intrusive and required removing power cables). I think only one or two Tesla's had the data logger fitted (I did not).

The event itself was a total of 60 miles... this made me smile because I travelled 527 miles during the weekend getting to and from the event. I think next year we will propose a Tesla class and undertake a meaningful challenge of some sort (this years 'least amount of energy used' challenge resulted in lots of people travelling along at 20 mph much to the annoyance of the everyday motorists).

Thanks for the report Kevin, always interesting to hear the results.

I think you raise a very valid point though...if some of the contestants were not driving at a "real world" speed, then their results probably mean very little as they are simply not practicle...I would suggest that trundling along the course at 20 mph might even add fodder to the EV / Hybrid / high mpg vehicle naysayer's arguements against change...