Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Future model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all I’m new to the site. Just looking for a bit of advice really, I currently have an ICE car with around 2 years finance left, once the finance agreement has ended I’ll be looking at purchasing a used model S. looking at the current used market and a rough budget of around £30k I can afford a pre face lift AP1 model S, will the AP1 software still be usable in the future or would AP2 be the way to go? I’m not looking for FSD as I wouldn’t use it, I just want the auto steer within its own lane and auto braking and acceleration, what model year could be around 30k in around 2/3 years time? Sorry if this post sound abit vague

AP1 is still better than most alternatives from other automakers for lane keeping and adaptive cruise. Frankly AP2.0 only recently surpassed it. Looks like you’ve got some time to figure this out and by then there will be more options in your budget, like a Model 3 Performance. Also AP 2+ might be more compelling by then.

Reactions: Fobble
AP1 is still better than most alternatives from other automakers for lane keeping and adaptive cruise. Frankly AP2.0 only recently surpassed it. Looks like you’ve got some time to figure this out and by then there will be more options in your budget, like a Model 3 Performance. Also AP 2+ might be more compelling by then.
Thanks for your reply. I know it is a lonnng way off before I get one but I want to make sure I do all the research I can over the next couple of years to make sure I get the model S that will fit my needs as I intend on keeping it long term like most Tesla owners do, I hope the model 3 comes down below 30k but way things are going at the minute I can’t really see anyone wanting to part with there model 3, I can only hope as I would be happy with the SR+ to fit my needs