Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Future Wesley Chapel Location?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been on the lookout for the potential Wesley Chapel supercharger location, and a few months back I thought I tracked the proposed site to be around a Hampton Inn off 56 on the east side of I75. I had been hoping for something a little bit further north myself.

If I was to bet I'd say that will be the future location. Close to 75, a new wawa and surrounded by car dealerships, what more could tesla want!
I'm buying a house just up the road so I will be spending a lot of time in that area and can keep an eye out for the construction.

Wild speculation on my part, but worth keeping eye on this Wawa location as a future supercharger location. It would be a great location close to I-75 north of Tampa and Tesla is advertising a Wesley Chapel location this year.

Another Wawa Coming to Wesley Chapel - Wesley Chapel Community Website
I had never been to a Wawa until I tested charging on my Model 3 at the one down the street in Pinellas Park. They have some AMAZING food for a gas station! I hope this becomes a bigger thing between the two companies...

My theory is Tesla never puts a Supercharger at service centers because the service center people would get bugged to death. Either with issues that you would usually hold off on, or just to ask them questions.

My theory is Tesla never puts a Supercharger at service centers because the service center people would get bugged to death. Either with issues that you would usually hold off on, or just to ask them questions.
This new article on the Public News section of our club's website, somewhat supports your point.

There will be no Superchargers at the Coral Gables Service Center for the foreseeable future

However, I'm guessing that the decision to reverse themselves had more to do with congestion and traffic at the Service Center rather than being "bugged to death" by owners.

Larry

Anyone have any updated info on this Wesley Chapel location? I was at the service center\deliver center and talked with the guy there about this potential SuperCharger location and he said the pin that Tesla uses on their website is not the location, not sure if everyone knew this. The pin based on tesla.com is near the ice rink here, good location due to large parking lot location as well as 2 hotels nearby. However the guy said that you should expect about a 1 mile radius around the pin for potential locations. The Wawa would be ideal, especially for me as I'm only a few miles from there.

@Wolverinegeoff - My family will go to Wawa specifically for dinner, yes they have great food!

Reactions: Wolverinegeoff
Anyone have any updated info on this Wesley Chapel location? I was at the service center\deliver center and talked with the guy there about this potential SuperCharger location and he said the pin that Tesla uses on their website is not the location, not sure if everyone knew this. The pin based on tesla.com is near the ice rink here, good location due to large parking lot location as well as 2 hotels nearby. However the guy said that you should expect about a 1 mile radius around the pin for potential locations. The Wawa would be ideal, especially for me as I'm only a few miles from there.

@Wolverinegeoff - My family will go to Wawa specifically for dinner, yes they have great food!
I think that the only thing that you can infer from the pin is that is will likely be in the city of Wesley Chapel. Those pins used to be merely attached to the center of the city label on the map, but that doesn't appear to be the case anymore. Whereas this location may turnout to be close to the pin, based on tracking other locations I would be very surprised if actual locations were only a mile from the pin location.

I would look for a shopping center in Wesley Chapel nearby a major highway. Tampa Premium Outlets is located right off of I-75. They list their address as Lutz, but Google maps looks like its in Wesley Chapel and there has been a lot of new construction there. A little further away from I-75 on on SR 57 is The Shops at Wiregrass.

Larry

I was starting to think about this after I posted in how I don’t need a super charger close to my house because I’ll always be home charging so I wouldn’t even use that one. However, with that being said if I was able to pick a location it would be on the east side of 75 only because it’s a pain to cross on 56 and will be even worse for a few years when they redo the bridge.

I was starting to think about this after I posted in how I don’t need a super charger close to my house because I’ll always be home charging so I wouldn’t even use that one. However, with that being said if I was able to pick a location it would be on the east side of 75 only because it’s a pain to cross on 56 and will be even worse for a few years when they redo the bridge.
Well now with the 6 months free supercharging I will probably use the one close to my house more often, such as “getting gas”, for the first 6 months and then I may identify it to quickly fill up if I am in a hurry.

The cost of electricity at home is about $0.11/kWh compared to Supercharger in Brandon which is $0.22/kWh so it would cost twice as much to charge after the free 6 months.

Looks like WaWa at SR 54 and Bruce B Downs is under construction as of a couple weeks ago . Interesting to see if this will be the Wesley Chapel supercharger sight ?
Hi Shane,

In terms of location this could be a good candidate since it is very close to I-75. However, the Tesla Find Us map is targeting 2018 for opening the Wesley Chapel Supercharger and according to the Wawa website, Wawa Store #5240 is coming in Spring 2019 at 28225 State Road 54,Wesley Chapel, FL 33544. Of course it still could end up being the eventual Supercharger location, but with a slipped opening date.

It is interesting to note that now when searching for a Wawa on the Wawa website, you can filter your results by clicking the box for "Tesla Superchargers". When you do that the Wawa at 2502 N. 50th St, Tampa, FL 33619, pops up. This existing Wawa Supercharger location would be 15.2 miles from the new Wawa in Wesley Chapel.

Tesla seems to be clustering other Supercharger locations very near the Wawa Superchargers at 2502 N. 50th. The Brandon Supercharger is only about 6 miles away and the Swann Ave Winn-Dixie Supercharger is only 7 miles away.

Larry

I’ve tried to locate the civil/ site plans to see if they indicate a supercharger but no luck finding them, even emailed Pasco County. I did find the plans for the approved Chick-fil-A next door though. Maybe someone will have better luck than me.

I tried emailing the county too, no response. Living up in New Tampa, the free supercharging isn't particularly helpful lol. With my luck, the WC supercharger will open right as my free supercharging expires.

On another note, the one down on 41 only gives me about 140 miles per hour in charge. It's the only one I've ever used, is that normal for that location? Both times I've gone I've been the only car there.

I tried emailing the county too, no response. Living up in New Tampa, the free supercharging isn't particularly helpful lol. With my luck, the WC supercharger will open right as my free supercharging expires.

On another note, the one down on 41 only gives me about 140 miles per hour in charge. It's the only one I've ever used, is that normal for that location? Both times I've gone I've been the only car there.
Charging rate depends on the battery’s state of charge among other things, but you are right, that’s slower than I typically get. Sometimes if I’m getting a slow rate I check PlugShare and see if others are having the same issue, then leave a note. Last time I charged at Brandon I recall one of the stalls having an issue. You can always call Tesla, I’ve done it on road trips but in my experience they are not quick to fix slow charging issues, if they even agree there is an issue.