TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

FYI: discounted Inv MS 75D $13k off

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by hmmm, Jun 10, 2018.

1. hmmm

hmmm Member

2. skreemer7

skreemer7 Member

How are they calculating that? Currently configuring a 75D blue, black premium interior with EAP is $85,000 with destination and doc fee. This one is $83,150 and has the subzero weather package as the only thing different than a new custom. It also is listed with a 5.2s 0-60, probably uncorkable, but still something to take into account.

I don't see how this is $13k off, much less a deal at all.

3. McRat

McRat Well-Known Member

PUP, AP, Blue, Premium interior, = $90,000 USD including destination.

4. Fobble

Fobble Member

There is a $2500 transport fee if not picked up

5. hmmm

hmmm Member

I think the discrepancy is due to the way options were priced/bundled when this car was built vs. the way they are now.

When this happens, these cars are good lease candidates because the lease calculation uses the absolute discount amount as set by Tesla in the listed build sheet and abstracts any kind of "then vs. now" pricing difference.

6. hmmm

hmmm Member

That's the same for all "non-local" cars. It looks like this was recently bumped to $2,500 from $2,000.

7. hmmm

hmmm Member

Yes, premium LEATHER, not "vegan" (whomever thought of that at Tesla as a new name for "plastic" should get a raise btw.).

8. Fobble

Fobble Member

Don't seem to see the UHF audio in the feature list. Tempting ....

9. Skeeboe

Skeeboe Member

How’d you find this vehicle? Every time I search for new inventory lately I get nada...

10. DanCar

DanCar Member

Since it has 1K miles on it, Tesla should add full self driving (FSD) to compensate.

11. Fobble

Fobble Member

The vehicle is no good:
    - It does not have UHF audio, and no SAS. So not sure where the high MSRP comes from
    - Worst of all, the car was damaged when in dealer's possession, and the dealer spent $48k to fix it

12. tpham07

tpham07 Active Member

Its only $13k off because today Tesla includes more options that costed money before. That's why these "discounts" are so misleading when you compare it to a brand new build. Yes there is a discount, but not substantial enough for me to not order new.

13. skreemer7

skreemer7 Member

How do you have the information about the 48k to fix it? Isn't that close to totalled category?

14. hmmm

hmmm Member

Your first point is "fairly" subjective to say the least, it's just no good for *you*. See, for *me*, that car was "no good" because it didn't have a pano roof.

Good research re. the history of the car. That would not have bothered me one bit for a lease but again each inv or cpo car will find a different owner if/when priced right in the eye of that buyer, as highlighted by @tpham07's take on that specific car.

That car is gone btw so it was priced right for "someone" after all.

• Like x 1
  15. Fobble

Fobble Member

I talked to the sale advisor at Bellevue store.