Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FYI. Tesla gave away my model y no call no customer service?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Happy day all tesla enthusiasts hope you and all your loved ones are safe and healthy in this time of crisis,

I believe in Tesla and the incredible technology that they are engineering for the betterment of humanity. I own thier stock,they are in the process of getting permits together to redue my existing 6800kw solar panel system with a 11.34kw and 4 tesla backup batteries. The tesla solar team and my solar representative have been amazing and prompt with updates.

I understand full well here in ny that a crisis is happening And there are more important things to concern our selfs with than a new car delivery....but I felt obligated to share my first tesla car experience and whether a crisis is going on or not this was wrong and horrible customer service.

Got my email "get ready for you model y delivery 3/9" hooray! What a surprise I just ordered it a month ago?!?
Got a call from CA on 3/10 from Juan my tesla model y rep congratulating me and rapidly telling the list of things i need at pickup/delivery this week and slipped in there without missing a beat that in order to receive my just promised vehicle I would have to put down $35,000? I had to stop him in mid sentence and say $35,000down payment?what?that's not the
original agreement when i ordered online, no money down,about $1100.00 a month payments ,around $5400 in tax and fees apon signing and delivery which I have no problem honoring. Juan informed me there's nothing he can do I would have to email tesla fiance to change terms?he did text me after with pleasantries and that he is here for me anytime for support right after our call.

Well I email tesla fiance and any other tesla email I could find to inform them of my conversation with Juan and new finance term he said applies, I felt that it seems very deceptive and scam like? questioned whether it even was company policy at all?was jaun really was from Tesla? It could not be my credit score as I ran my credit score a week before as a car loan cosigner for my girlfriend which came back at 800. Didn't have to cosign anywho.
No response from anyone I emailed yet the very next day my tesla account was updated. I received a lending agreement for no money down excluding tax and fees$5400 @4.09% for monthly $1099.89 ouch! My previous Toyota was under 1%, I didn't care I want the car I'll refinance later and agreed no problem.
Tesla site account was now asking me to upload my insurance document but I needed the vin# I called jaun and got a weird womans computer voice message no way to leave message? Sent jaun a text asking for help,no reply? Called tesla customer service they said the vin# was on my lending agreement but they would connect me directly with tesla manhasset to talk with them.
I don't remember who answered the phone but he seem annoyed by my call and to have to get my vin for me? No congratulating, no thank you for you purchase.no here's what's next? Oh you'll also need a insurance binder? I did ask how many model Y's where coming in and he replied a truckload about ten. ThenDroned out my vin and promptly hung up?
Called the insurance company yet they needed a binder from from manhasset to complete insurance, I tried to call back manhasset and someone picked up the phone and hung up? Call tesla customer service again informed them of my calls with manhasset and that my insurance needs binder info, they then transferred me back to manhasset someone picked up phone and hung up again. Meanwhile my insurance company did in fact get in touch with tesla and received the information to get cards emailed to me, I uploaded them and resumed my giddy anticipation in Hopes that salesman was just having a bad day?
Got text 3/18 "your model y is on it's way to manhasset and schedule pickup", gladly I did for earliest pickup of 3/26 10am.
Next day It changed delivery date and pickup fees on my tesla account and I was ready, full knowing it might get delayed due to coronavirus? Still my vehicle was at manhasset waiting for me!.so I order accessories and setup electrical installation asap.
I had been following some of the threads here and saw similar sketchy experiences with people dealing with manhasset deliveries, then saw that one got theirs a day before shutdown who paid in full,then another received his in the rain as a touchless delivery this past Saturday? For my order No calls, no responses, from manhasset or jaun my rep?
3/23 my delivery date disappeared page change back to we are drafting you contract. Expected it ,we are in a crisis. So I had patience and waited for them to call and reschedule all the while reading the other story's on this forum of manhasset giving people's cars to other customers? then getting surprise expedited pickups or touchless deliveries? So I texted jaun yesterday afternoon, no response but hey it's Sunday? Then called manhasset tesla Monday afternoon and a very understanding and compassionate Dylan answered and listened to my story, he shuffled some papers and put me on a brief hold then proceeded to tell me my car was shipped out to Nashville Texas to someone who could accept deliveries? When they start shipping more model y's from factory I could reschedule, no estimate ETA?He apologised and understood my frustration, that the orders came from the top and they where just following orders?..."not my order!" Dylan was a gentleman and the only tesla car professional I was able to easily contact through this whole process and I'm grateful. He even email me his direct contact information after we spoke,Thank you Dylan.

thankfully I didn't sell my old car till my new car got here,I did pay to install a 50-14 outlet with 50amp breaker in my carport,purchased cable adapters, keyfob,cover,and had insurance for a promised vehicle, which it appears they gave away to someone who can pay in full in another state? Very disappointing and dishonorable business practices on tesla sales or thous above in management, no courtesy call or updates ,no customer service, multiple calls,text,emails,no responses.

I own and run a small business myself and deal in customer service, we are not the cheapest but the best,if we break our service agreement or do not deliver on our service agreements ,we promptly call our customers to explain and make it right,refund payments, or offer store credit,something to correct our mistake,even in difficult times.

tesla should offer something to customers that have had my experience other than sorry for your time,money,inconvenience and the breaking our delivery agreement? If anyone knows elon musks Twitter account or email please forward this to him so that he is aware of his company policies and perhaps care to supply the same quality in customer service that they put into there products?

Well "FYI" thanks for letting me vent. Hope your tesla car experience is better than mine? I still can't wait to receive the engineering marvel the tesla model y is!
First we gotta get through this coronavirus mess,stay healthy,have Patience,take precautions and goodluck.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Oh Coincidentle my Tesla representative told me I needed 35000 down and never responded? He respond it right after I hung up the phone with Dylan from in manhasset Tesla Saying that they are currently doing touch up touchless deliveries in ny and now call me to reschedule soon??? I responded with my experience above and once again no response

Is there reason to believe that it isn't because of the buyer's state lockdown situation? I know DMV's being closed is a big issue for them in a lot of states. For example in PA, the DMV is closed with no online operation either, and Tesla is not allowed to issue temp tags in our state sooo they can't deliver the car even if they wanted to (though I have heard of some being delivered in Texas without plates at all lol).

Technically you should be able to buy and deliver any vehicle without tags if it is not going to be driven on public roads. For example, you could be ordering a car solely as a track day vehicle, and you would always trailer it from your home to the track and back. So they could drop it off to your home and park it in your driveway, all without tags. Of course you could not legally drive it on public roads until you got it tagged. But of all the people taking delivery here, who is buying a MY as a dedicated track day car? Nobody. So Tesla is waiting for tags before releasing...

• Informative
Reactions: DDrawer
IFor example in PA, the DMV is closed with no online operation either, and Tesla is not allowed to issue temp tags in our state sooo they can't deliver the car even if they wanted to (though I have heard of some being delivered in Texas without plates at all lol).
The DMV in PA does not need to be open for a dealer to issue a temp tag. Most dealers (both new and used cars) have the temp tags on hand ready to be used.

Check some of the other delivery treads on this forum, They delivered two other model y's that I know of during the same two weeks I was scheduled to pickup mine for buyers whom paid in full in ny? (remember I was told about ten cars came in with my delivery) From what I understand dealers do not go to DMV the every time they sell a car to register or get plates they get lots of them and dole them out as they sell cars?which they managed to do for at least two other customers here in lockdown ny? I here they called them back too?
With my case this was deceptive and wrong with horrible customer service by manhasset tesla and the supervisors who's orders they were apparently following. Not one supervisor, customs service, or anyone else from tesla I emailed the above story got back to me to follow up on it to try to make it right. I had to constantly call them for there lies? They told me to insure my car after they shipped it out on the 23th for christ sakes!

Look fellow human beings and tesla enthusiasts this was a FY/ be warned, on how the sales and delivery department of tesla in ny manhasset chose to take advantage and break their agreement with me. They would rather put a few more zeros in their account then deliver on what they promised during a world crisis in the state that has the most suffering. I still believe in this engineering marvel that their incredible engineers built and designed and their mission to make the world a better future, there is nothing on the road that compares to tesla cars in my humble opinion but there business practices in this instance were disheartening to say the least during this crisis or any time.

No matter what's going on in the world bussiness owners ,managers, supervisors should not allow something like my experience happen in their company without acknowledging or trying to make it right?

I not sure what's going to happen in our future here in New York or any other place in the world with this coronavirus? Yet please it's more important than ever to help others and do the right thing during this crisis if you can, goodluck to all and I hope you and your loved ones stay healthy.

The DMV in PA does not need to be open for a dealer to issue a temp tag. Most dealers (both new and used cars) have the temp tags on hand ready to be used.

From what I have been told, Tesla cannot issue the temp tags in PA. Maybe it's because they aren't considered dealers? They said the DMV has to issue them.

The problem is communication. If they would just reach out to the folks who they cannot make deliveries to that they gave VIN's to and explain the situation it would be much better. I had to call and hunt them down just to find out they had given my car to someone else. I get we're in the middle of a nightmare but I am still working and communicating with my customers working through this tough time. This is not a big ask on Tesla's part, they could mitigate alot of this anger if they just communicated a little more.

I think what is also frustrating to alot of folks is they are still delivering cars to states that are locked down and where the stores are closed and for some reasons they are not delivering to other states with similar situations. Some understanding of that logic would go a long way with their loyal customers.

Reactions: DDrawer