Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Galaxy S20 Ultra NOT charging with Jeda or Tapes. Ootions?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have a charging mat that accommodates this monster? Will not fit vertically. On Jeda, horizontal slot holds phone, but not initiating charge.
I have a Jeda and a Galaxi Note 8 with cover.
It's a tight fit and I need to pressure the phone against the charger to see it starting charging.

My phone's cover dimension are 172 mm x 85 mm (on the top),
but the cover bumper is curved on the edges so the the bottom is smaller
and the curb seems to be similar to the curb of the charger plate.

Without the bumper cover, my phone dimensions are 160 x 75 mm

What are you phone dimensions with and without a cover?

You could also remove the rubber plate of the Jeda cover (there are a lot of small screws on the back)
and move around the phone on top of it to find the correct location for initiating the charging.

Last edited:
I have a Jeda and a Galaxi Note 8 with cover.
It's a tight fit and I need to pressure the phone against the charger to see it starting charging.

My phone's cover dimension are 172 mm x 85 mm (on the top),
but the cover bumper is curved on the edges so the the bottom is smaller
and the curb seems to be similar to the curb of the charger plate.

Without the bumper cover, my phone dimensions are 160 x 75 mm

What are you phone dimensions with and without a cover?

You could also remove the rubber plate of the Jeda cover (there are a lot of small screws on the back)
and move around the phone on top of it to find the correct location for initiating the charging.

This was very helpful info. The S20 Ultra will fit vertically out of a case. And, it will charge out of a case. I am hunting now for an extremely slim case to see if that makes a difference. The camera hump is huge and the 4 cases I tested attempt to make the camera bump flush. That is the issue. However, the 4 tested cases will charge on home wireless pucks and pads without issue, so I think it could be the lower power ports feeding the TapTes and Jeda pads.

This was very helpful info. The S20 Ultra will fit vertically out of a case. And, it will charge out of a case.
I am hunting now for an extremely slim case to see if that makes a difference.
The camera hump is huge and the 4 cases I tested attempt to make the camera bump flush.
That is the issue. However, the 4 tested cases will charge on home wireless pucks and pads without issue,
so I think it could be the lower power ports feeding the TapTes and Jeda pads.
I forget to mention but yes, since a software update about six months ago, you need now to use a splitter to get power,
which allows you to add a memory stick for the TeslaCam recorder using the same plug.

Note: It is a good idea to install a cable connected directly to the Auxlliary 12 V plug to get a 2 Amp fast charge.

This is a good App to check the charge speed: Ampere

Last edited:
I opened up the Jeda and found the coils placed deep in the tray and not in optimal position. I added some foam beneath the horizontal coil to lift it against the top plate. Now, with a very slim case, I can now charge the phone wirelessly.

• Love
Reactions: Watts_Up
I opened up the Jeda and found the coils placed deep in the tray and not in optimal position. I added some foam beneath the horizontal coil to lift it against the top plate. Now, with a very slim case, I can now charge the phone wirelessly.
Good idea. I should try doing the same.
There is like dozaine of screws, I never bother putting them back

How much Amp do you get when charging?

How much Amp do you get when charging (using the Ampere App)?

In general I get about 300 to 700 m Amp, so if I really need a fast charging I put my phone under
the armrest and use a cable connected directly to the Auxlliary 12 V plug to get a 2 Amp fast charge.

Note: Does your Galaxy display the [ Battery % ] on the right top?

If not, go to: Settings -> Notifications -> Status Bar -> Show Battery Percentage -> [on]

This was very helpful info. The S20 Ultra will fit vertically out of a case. And, it will charge out of a case. I am hunting now for an extremely slim case to see if that makes a difference. The camera hump is huge and the 4 cases I tested attempt to make the camera bump flush. That is the issue. However, the 4 tested cases will charge on home wireless pucks and pads without issue, so I think it could be the lower power ports feeding the TapTes and Jeda pads.

So just to make sure...you are saying that you were getting a solid charge with the S20 Ultra using the Jeda Pad? I tried in my Model 3 (and I am wired to the 12V) but could not get it to charge even without a case.

So just to make sure...you are saying that you were getting a solid charge with the S20 Ultra using the Jeda Pad? I tried in my Model 3 (and I am wired to the 12V) but could not get it to charge even without a case.

I had to open the Jeda pad and lift the coils with some foam, so that when I put the pad back together, I was compressing the coil against the top pad.

The components inside mine were not in a good orientation to start.

Peel the red back off and find 3 screws per side and one in the middle. You can peel edges without pulling the whole thing off.

I can confirm that I received the new version of the Jeda wireless pad, which chargers my Samsung Galaxy X20 Ultra. I have an otterbox case, so it odes not fit in upright, but they added a new horizontal charge coil, and it works well in that position. I suspect that with a smaller case, it might also work vertically. Hope this helps.

I can confirm that I received the new version of the Jeda wireless pad, which chargers my Samsung Galaxy X20 Ultra. I have an otterbox case, so it odes not fit in upright, but they added a new horizontal charge coil, and it works well in that position. I suspect that with a smaller case, it might also work vertically. Hope this helps.

I picked up my Model Y today and noticed that my Note20 ultra in it's samsung case will not charge, but my wife's iPhone XS does charge with her quadlock case.