Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gap insurance in New York?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

Posting this in Model S because I figured there'd be more experience with it here.

I ordered a Model X 60D with a delivery date of Sept 27th. I was told by my DS that the Tesla lease doesn't include gap insurance. However, I called 6 insurance companies, and all said that they offer gap (or similar-- "better car replacement", loan lease coverage, etc...) in most states but *not* in New York.

I did some searching in this forum and saw a reference to "Gap Protection" in the Tesla lease, so asked my DS for a copy of the lease agreement in advance. (The post says that you won't be covered for the gap but they'll write off all remaining payments if we're in this situation, which is fine with me).

Has anyone in NY been able to get gap insurance through their insurance company? Separately, can anyone with a recent NY Tesla lease confirm what kind of protection it offers? (I know it's widely available outside of NY).

Thanks!