Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla insurance on Model 3 Lease - hit & run but not caught on camera

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello fellow Tesla-ers! My name is Angie and I have a question about Tesla provided insurance, on a Tesla model 3 lease.
My car was parked and got hit overnight but there was no video recording. My back left fender was hit, which is why charging port. Although it doesn’t seem to have affected it or caused any electrical problems but I don’t know these things so I can’t say. So I filed a claim but Tesla insurance denied and closed my claim. My policy says no lease gap but on Tesla.com it says all lease vehicles come with gap.
Has anyone experienced anything similar? Can anyone give me some advice on what I could or should do at this point? Because my lease is almost over and I don’t believe I should be responsible for a hit and run. Isn’t that why we have full coverage insurance? Or at least one reason. Anyway, any advice will be much appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Under most insurance policies, this should fall under "comprehensive". This handles things such as this, hail damage, windshields fro, flying debris, etc. This usually has a deductible. Did you file a police report and include it with the claim?
They snever wanted to collect any report and told us that we are not covered and instantly denied our claim. I just read that uninsured motorist should cover a hit and run and we even have $300,000 property damage but we’re told we’re not covered. This is ridiculous! And how is it my fault if they’re cameras on the car didn’t get a recording?! Makes absolutely no sense to me! And I have called a few accident lawyers but they won’t take my case. They say too much hit and run fraud happening in California. Uhhh ok so how’s that my problem now too?! Lol I just don’t know what to do anymore!

• Informative
Reactions: Soul Surfer