Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How does one print the Tesla insurance document?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Model S. I also have Tesla insurance. I understand that I can see the insurance documents on my phone using the Tesla application, but I would like to have a paper copy in the car in case a police officer asks to see it. I'm not excited about handing him my unlocked phone. Can anyone tell me how to print out my Tesla insurance documents?

I have a Model S. I also have Tesla insurance. I understand that I can see the insurance documents on my phone using the Tesla application, but I would like to have a paper copy in the car in case a police officer asks to see it. I'm not excited about handing him my unlocked phone. Can anyone tell me how to print out my Tesla insurance documents?
Depending on the brand/model of printer you have. Basically go out to the App store and search for print apps. Find your brand and download-install it. As you go through the setup process it should find your printer and print a test document.

Again, depending on the brand and your phone how you choose to print a document or screen can vary, but app help should provide hints.

Depending on the brand/model of printer you have. Basically go out to the App store and search for print apps. Find your brand and download-install it. As you go through the setup process it should find your printer and print a test document.

Again, depending on the brand and your phone how you choose to print a document or screen can vary, but app help should provide hints.
You mean Apple still doesn't print without installing an App?

I just came here to say that I feel you deep on this one after discovering today that the coverage ID card is read only and therefore only able to print from the Tesla app on the phone directly. Talk about unnecessary limitations. :rolleyes: Why why why Tesla??? Just make it printable please!