Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Garage Door left open... sometimes?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Auto open works for me with 2019.5.14.3

Auto open does not work for me with 2019.5.15
Interesting that yours stopped working - I have not experienced the same issue with 5.15 - and in fact I added the folding mirrors to it and that has been working as well. Wonder if there is some sort of timing issue with the signal and the various openers that people are using...

When you pull into your garage, if you adjust your position by reversing a little, the home link will not close your door the next time you leave.

This is a really good observation and explains everything for me if it's true. Auto-close has been driving me nuts since it seems to not work about 10% of the time. I have a parking curb in on my garage floor to keep me from rolling into cabinetry. Even with the distance detection, sometimes I hit the curb and reverse just a couple of inches before parking the car--probably about 10% of the time. I'll have to pay attention and see if it correlates.

This is a really good observation and explains everything for me if it's true. Auto-close has been driving me nuts since it seems to not work about 10% of the time. I have a parking curb in on my garage floor to keep me from rolling into cabinetry. Even with the distance detection, sometimes I hit the curb and reverse just a couple of inches before parking the car--probably about 10% of the time. I'll have to pay attention and see if it correlates.

I've deliberately made an effort to make sure I don't reverse to adjust the car after parking in my garage the past few days. I haven't had one Homelink failure to auto-close when leaving the next time since then. Sure enough, the first time I purposefully made a small adjustment after parking, Homelink failed to trigger auto-close the next time I left. Great catch by @ISoGrumpy.

Tesla could not fix the the automatic door shutting problem when leaving. The distance that the door shuts is not settable.
I put a metal plate behind the antenna and the HomeLink has no more issues.

xD93Acq_Z2COc7KriMwpovSctO0Z4E7xpW05PI3eZFBhF4zk2x3UJNm21rkSGzWtnGDhKQVcLm_ClrqWxbrX2gYysoUeafhLWfiwROwS7uAmff7xpH5r8avfDGOxRwKW6wqatFGfb39wYKBToaBKzJM-gp3dfo4Qfgi7FphXJtw0UnAPPKBzAFKYEgiBTfl6ejTGDGJ6ej41IYRqAR8Ltzu4-mhLCyRoLweRS8uh_YpWf_Mx4Giw5ttynMNe5p1AgLcXxn9XcUiokPgRrVi08MUGz1WyiOaFSxLZQEyZ2elqGMBRGuqzYJbbSytkIFpXHNYWnzdU0W9aEa7DNK4A8Ngouyvpidexwzm6ymKcF61_0hfx3BJE1FWFL62hyn725PHIY7pVbGf_RBTmuGJ8E0ej0e4y7yc6T6Yr-sBUzVhFUFvhbQBUBtneUtE5oHW7S8N7ZGrd1Gics7vZxOUV6TI_LL8ppTNsZLEvrTOpfaSKT37z4RPXWbstN9fdzq21h9DGTho5dv8QU5oVmaBbssRoX87Yl4ixUfvvPXAg9kVdNHFY8WAOhP5aAT9jezRzoeKMoonMkm7Celf7ZqhVUFyaGLtwwvDVeFszsbatiEfLjG09sO7wwHhYR8_MPWZC9Vi5IUQG6VmxdmYr_Tto3ojsgubGpdAyrt4arC6y-13VFoT-x6jVSAzD=w636-h848-no

Tesla could not fix the the automatic door shutting problem when leaving. The distance that the door shuts is not settable.
I put a metal plate behind the antenna and the HomeLink has no more issues.
Your image is not visible. You cannot use a link to https://lh3.googleusercontent.com
You need to use the button [Upload an Image] at the bottom of your posting.