Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Garage Door Opener Options - pros and cons of various solutions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was planning on doing the Homelink install, but love the Tailwind idea because I can also check my door status while away and open/close it remotely. Plus, if I forget and leave it open, it will close on it's own. Was looking at doing both the Homelink and a Genie Connect, but this looks like it can do all of the above. Cheaper too.

I am still happy with the tailwind. They also just updated the alexa commands so it works much better now with that. However, the latest Tesla update has made it a bit worse since they fixed the bluetooth. Bluetooth must be connected for the autoclose to work and now if you start the car and then get out, for whatever reason and get back in which at least for me can be a somewhat regular occurance you will drive away and the garage door will not shut. I get in a habit of checking the phone now to make sure I get the alert that the door closed or checking thaat bluetooth is connected when I drive away.