Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gone for two weeks - Phone Key not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I left the car in the garage during vacation now its constantly asking for the key card and will not auto lock or unlock with the phone - sometimes its opens the door but needs to card key to drive.

No phone updates while gone - no car updates I know of while gone. I checked on the state of charge once while gone [using wifi] and did not do anything to the car. . . its like it started pining for the fjords and decided I wasn't coming back . . .

any ideas short of deleting the key and starting again? What should the bluetooth key read in the BT device type on the phonr? Other??

1.Scroll wheel reset hold the two scroll wheel buttons in until uc the tesla,logo come up then release

2.On phone

Reboot the phone by pushing the slide to power off@restart phone
yeah - I did that before I posted a question -

The answer was: for some reason my phone changed the 'use location' from 'always' to 'when using the app' - switching it back solved the issue but it was an infuriating couple of days. . . .

With every release, phone operating systems add new "features" to save battery. My Android phone removes right to some applications when it deems they aren't used enough, for example. There's often not much you can do to prevent it. It also seems to decide to disable bluetooth sometimes, at least on the Tesla app, and that prevents it from working as phone as key. It happens only once in a blue moon, I haven't found a clear explanation, but it's frustrating...

Reactions: comanchepilot