Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Garage & Homelink Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ever since the recent software update, my Model X always forgets the garage programming. Anyone else experiencing this? When I talk to Tesla about it, they claim they don't know why this would be and they don't see any issues when they pull the car logs. I've owned my X for a little more than a year and have literally never had any issues! The only thing that changed recently is that I updated the software...

Ever since the recent software update, my Model X always forgets the garage programming. Anyone else experiencing this? When I talk to Tesla about it, they claim they don't know why this would be and they don't see any issues when they pull the car logs. I've owned my X for a little more than a year and have literally never had any issues! The only thing that changed recently is that I updated the software...
@maninthemx- which software versions did you change from and to?

There are so many firmware versions around we need to know what we’re talking about. The ‘only works for one or a few times’ is supposed to be fixed in 17.41 or above. There are other HL issues that are still being worked on and will be in future releases. The canned message is just to stop the flood of calls. :D

Please describe your problem with more details? Are you seeing the little "transmit" icon (wifi like symbol) show up when you push the button on the screen?

My new X delivery a month ago came with 2017.34 - Homelink worked at that time with that firmware, but admittedly I only ran that version for a few days until updating to 2017.38. The Homelink bug was definitely in 2017.38, and also in the subsequent 2017.40.1 upgrade I applied October 14th. I just updated to 2017.42.1 an hour ago after support pushed it my way. An e-mail to me prior to pushing the update said this release (2017.42.1) includes a fix for the Homelink transmit issue. I've seen reports that 2017.42 also had that fix, but didn't get that information from support directly so I don't know for sure.

Hopefully .42/.42.1 fix the issue - I won't know from personal experience for a day or two of use.

Since the software update, my garage door remotes stopped working after attempting to reprogram Homelink. I'm befuddled on how to fix this. I've tried resetting the Tesla and reprogramming Homelink multiple times. I believe Homelink affected the Chainlink system somehow.

Since the software update, my garage door remotes stopped working after attempting to reprogram Homelink. I'm befuddled on how to fix this. I've tried resetting the Tesla and reprogramming Homelink multiple times. I believe Homelink affected the Chainlink system somehow.
Depending on the age of the opener, it may have limited memory (as little as 5 spots). It is FIFO, so if you go beyond the limit it will "forget" the first one programmed. I believe the newer ones have 50 spots.

It is also possible that you held down the button on the opener too long and removed all the codes.

May be best to reset the opener (check the manual to verify process) and start over with all the openers/cars.

Depending on the age of the opener, it may have limited memory (as little as 5 spots). It is FIFO, so if you go beyond the limit it will "forget" the first one programmed. I believe the newer ones have 50 spots.

It is also possible that you held down the button on the opener too long and removed all the codes.

May be best to reset the opener (check the manual to verify process) and start over with all the openers/cars.

Thanks for the feedback. I've attempted to reset the remotes to no avail. I believe the Chamberlain got reset, so starting there.