Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Garage Sale! AKA Operation Honey Due

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Heres the deal; I've gone thru all the motions to move my tesla inventory. My intentions were true. I got photos on my phone to prove it, Baby... Oh sorry, yeah well I do, it not my fault sometimes this incredible smartphone refuses to appear on my computer even with a cable. or that its impractical to sort photos on it. So, try as I may to go back, way back, something else shiny or something grabs my attention and well...
o_O
Well, here I am. About to list my vast collection, (as much as I can before something fun comes up ;-) and get some piece in the barnyard ...nope, don't correct it, its spelled right.

Here we go, sans pics. If you need a reminder of what a dash looks like or your floor mats message me your text or email and I will send it on my phone.

also, I will add to this as it comes to mind or is thrown at me but if you got a request send it to me... I betcha it might just be in her closet after I ran outta room in the workshop, who knows where it went. Much less remembering if I even have it till someone jogs my memory or I come across it on an expedition for someone else.

How'd I come across a virtual Tesla parts nirvana? In my previous life as an indentured slave, I had the good fortune to work very very close to the company of the cars we drive and well, at heart, I'm a car guy, but that is another story for another time perhaps. Let's just say, the company and I were very similar in that money burns a hole in our pockets.

Let the marriage counseling begin!

Here in no particular order

Model S& X rear axles rear new or as close as it gets (hey you never know. cars are like women ...and seniors)

Model S&X&3 floor mats.

Model S seat bottoms (lumber) with frame electric and nice unworn leather drivers side 1 black and 1 tan (if she kicks one of them again in the laundry, I will die. this I know)

Model X & S roof glass

Model S door panels interior black and tan plus an exterior door panel or two front only

lots of rear exterior lighting

Parcel shelves

Charging kits

exterior &interior trim

rocker panels

single wheels

grills for the fast S's

mirrors

omg what was doing... oh internet good

Heres the deal; I've gone thru all the motions to move my tesla inventory. My intentions were true. I got photos on my phone to prove it, Baby... Oh sorry, yeah well I do, it not my fault sometimes this incredible smartphone refuses to appear on my computer even with a cable. or that its impractical to sort photos on it. So, try as I may to go back, way back, something else shiny or something grabs my attention and well...
o_O
Well, here I am. About to list my vast collection, (as much as I can before something fun comes up ;-) and get some piece in the barnyard ...nope, don't correct it, its spelled right.

Here we go, sans pics. If you need a reminder of what a dash looks like or your floor mats message me your text or email and I will send it on my phone.

also, I will add to this as it comes to mind or is thrown at me but if you got a request send it to me... I betcha it might just be in her closet after I ran outta room in the workshop, who knows where it went. Much less remembering if I even have it till someone jogs my memory or I come across it on an expedition for someone else.

How'd I come across a virtual Tesla parts nirvana? In my previous life as an indentured slave, I had the good fortune to work very very close to the company of the cars we drive and well, at heart, I'm a car guy, but that is another story for another time perhaps. Let's just say, the company and I were very similar in that money burns a hole in our pockets.

Let the marriage counseling begin!
Got a car cover for 2014 -S ?..

Shady? I'm not going to entertain your negativity here. Start your own post and if I have the time to waste on such, maybe I'll drop in and we can whine about something we know absolutely nothing about....you can dream.

Anyhow, hope you all had a great weekend. I know I did, especially with the wife warming up with all the shipping activity going on. Unfortunately for her, she forgot about the lions share at my remote workshop.

Needless to say, I got overwhelmed well over a year ago and to this day I really don't want to deal with the likes of eBay or should I say a large portion of the buyers that use and abuse a system that has been tailored over the years to cater to such activities.

So here I am and I got to say, the appreciation here is a two-way street and I haven't done a deal here I regret. A couple no-go no-shows but nothing like what I was experiencing before. Yeah, I happy to be here and enjoy finding solutions for you guys. Just seems some folks might not know how to bargain.

What I'm saying is, if you send me a list and ask me how much, odds are I'm pretty busy, so the price I shoot off the top of my head may be old, or a mistake. It's better if you just send me what you think is a fair offer, keeping in mind postage and packing and PayPal fees. You'd have the better idea of the fair market and if it works for me, I'll do it. I'm not greedy or unrealistic and my post should confirm that. Mostly, I just wanna use my workshop and my wife again ;-)

Just a mature car guy that still acts like a boy

cmarshack I appreciate your words

Well, then how did you obtain these new parts? If they were legitimately obtained, you should have no problem sharing.

Last time. Show some respect, as of right now you're running low on the benefit of the doubt. It is never appropriate to make vague baseless accusations in public forums

Your negativity precedes you and lacks warrant.

Perhaps you should start a thread that has you verifying the origins of parts and cash that propose to change hands on this forum.
But first, you should start campaigning before you go and appoint yourself Sherriff and aggressively stir up nastiness just to create drama.

After skimming your history, I see this maybe something you can't help or maybe, a fetish. What it is, is disrespectful and ungentlemanly. There are smoother, smarter ways to satisfy your inquiry. Least it is born of reasonable cause or completely random.

Having said that, I often find that those lacking the benefit of doubt are generally suspect. Still, I resist the allure of assumptions.

So, I encourage you to be productive and start a thread of your own and depending on the tone I may stop by...with my manners of course.

• Funny
Reactions: Jimmy 1
It is never appropriate to make vague baseless accusations in public forums
Its hardly baseless. You've got a rather odd collection of parts that at least some of which are claimed to be new in box. Now these parts are typically only available from Tesla. Why would you buy a bunch of parts from Tesla only to then resell here? Perhaps you had a wreck you were trying to fix up, and gave up? That would be a reasonable explanation, but the rather oddball collection of parts you've got here suggests otherwise.

You also refuse to answer the question, instead deciding to insult me. Why would you do that unless you are trying to hide a shady source?

Reactions: Chaserr
Its hardly baseless. You've got a rather odd collection of parts that at least some of which are claimed to be new in box. Now these parts are typically only available from Tesla. Why would you buy a bunch of parts from Tesla only to then resell here? Perhaps you had a wreck you were trying to fix up, and gave up? That would be a reasonable explanation, but the rather oddball collection of parts you've got here suggests otherwise.

You also refuse to answer the question, instead deciding to insult me. Why would you do that unless you are trying to hide a shady source?

Seems odd to me as well, it appears someone joins the forum then posts about all they have to sell 1-month later. They say "You want it. I can probably get it" with their avatar. Yet when anyone asks a simple question of how they get it; they get all defensive. My 2-cents from an impartial observer...

someone joins the forum then posts about all they have to sell 1-month later.

• How did you come up with the "1-month" duration?
  • If it's "strange", what is normal behavior to sell a parts collection that becomes problematic before becoming useful?
  • Why did you not mention any of my activity in-between joining and creating this post?
  • Could that be considered misleading?

They say "You want it. I can probably get it" with their avatar. Yet when anyone asks a simple question of how they get it; they get all defensive.

• How does the quote on the avatar relate to the second part of this statement?
  • When you used the term "simple", did you imply, innocent, unassuming?
  • Who are you referring to when you stated, "anyone asks a simple question of how they get it?
  • Finally, would you agree that defensive, is the act of defending one's self from an offensive action?
  • If so, where did I defend myself against the accusations of being shady or obtaining parts from shady sources?
  • Does the quote from the original post below, address the above simple question?
How'd I come across a virtual Tesla parts nirvana? In my previous life as an indentured slave, I had the good fortune to work very very close to the company of the cars we drive and well,

from an impartial observer...

Not exactly true, is it?