Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Garages in NYC - upper west side

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi - expecting our model S next week. We're looking for a new garage and wondering what other's experiences are - specifically in the upper west side (mid 80s). Initial quotes are for $200-$300 more per month for our current car (7 year old Subaru) and that is without charging.

Thanks!

Monthly garage storage charges are based now on square footage imprint, such that an MS takes up that many more sq ft than your old Subaru? Or how did they figure that quote? Hong Kong might have comparable rates to Manhattan.

In the late 60s I paid $35-US per month for a 500cc motorcycle in a high rise on the Upper East Side, which was the same as the Harley Duo Glide parked next to me paid. He took up twice the footage.
--

Monthly garage storage charges are based now on square footage imprint, such that an MS takes up that many more sq ft than your old Subaru? Or how did they figure that quote? Hong Kong might have comparable rates to Manhattan.

In the late 60s I paid $35-US per month for a 500cc motorcycle in a high rise on the Upper East Side, which was the same as the Harley Duo Glide parked next to me paid. He took up twice the footage.
--

I don't think the footprint of the S is much bigger but I will check; had thought it might be due to the cost of the car (they assume tesla owners can pay more?)

Anyway, you are right that prices are ridiculous - almost as much to park a car as rent an apartment in other cities (with better amenities and cable!)

Hi - expecting our model S next week. We're looking for a new garage and wondering what other's experiences are - specifically in the upper west side (mid 80s). Initial quotes are for $200-$300 more per month for our current car (7 year old Subaru) and that is without charging.

Thanks!
I think the OP stated parking was $200-300 MORE than his current parking price not including charging. I used to live on Columbus and West 90 back in late 2000's and parking was $400-500 a month per spot (worked in lower Manhattan) = $800-$1000 so I parked my car out of the city and got a subway pass. Of course I only drove my car a few times a year due to the hassle.

Congrats on your Tesla by the way! You are going to love it!

I think the OP stated parking was $200-300 MORE than his current parking price not including charging. I used to live on Columbus and West 90 back in late 2000's and parking was $400-500 a month per spot (worked in lower Manhattan) = $800-$1000 so I parked my car out of the city and got a subway pass. Of course I only drove my car a few times a year due to the hassle.

Congrats on your Tesla by the way! You are going to love it!
Yes - I meant that it was $200-300
MORe than what we currently pay (I didn't list the total amount we will be paying only because it is so high people will think it is a typo ...). If I found $300 parking I would be very excited!

Thanks for the responses - was wondering what the experience of others garage and charging in nyc has been like.

Thanks!

Yes - I meant that it was $200-300
MORe than what we currently pay (I didn't list the total amount we will be paying only because it is so high people will think it is a typo ...). If I found $300 parking I would be very excited!

Thanks for the responses - was wondering what the experience of others garage and charging in nyc has been like.

Thanks!
thanks for the clarification, many garages in NYC have a surcharge for "exotic" cars, apparently they view your car as an exotic

Check out the app Luxe. They are an on demand valet parking service. I have used them for daily parking and they are terrific. They have a monthly option that i believe is reasonably priced plus they have the ability to charge your car when needed.