Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gen 3 Wall Connect - All LEDs Stay On When Disconnected

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I finally got an electrician to come out and install a Gen 3 Wall Connector in my Condo garage. I cannot connect it to WiFi, since it is an underground garage. I was able to connect to my M3LR and charge it to 90% at 48A, averaging ~40-41mph. However, the LEDs on my Gen 3 Wall Connector remain on when I disconnect the charger from the car. It looks like all are green, but the middle LED has a blue-ish hint to it.

I left it in my vehicle until my vehicle hit the set charge limit (90%) and the Gen 3 did not turn into the single blue light either, it remained fully on with all LEDs on.

Any ideas on how I can remedy this?

Try tuning the breaker off, wait 30-seconds and then turn it back on. Then let us know what happens. If you still have a problem you can try this:

1. Open the garage and try firing up the WiFi hotspot on your phone, put the phone where you get a signal
2. Use a 2nd phone and connect to the Wall Connector’s hotspot and commission the wall connector by telling it to connect to the first phone.

If this works, from time to time repeat step 1 - the wall connector should connect and download any updates.