Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gen3 "BlueStar" 2-door coupe styling ideas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is the general consensus that that GenIII is a 2 door?

I could see this being very annoying as a family car. If the GenIII is not good for families then its not really addressing the mass market IMO.

Maybe the GenIII would apply a similar approach as the X with a novel door arrangement. The backwards opening small doors on the Mazda RX8 would do the trick. http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-2004/2004-Mazda-RX-8-Side-Doors-Open.jpg

Just a thought...

Could be offered in both 2 and 4 door configuration, but I doubt it. I don't think either is a given yet, I think 2 door looks better but understand a 4 door is probably more appealing. Might depend on how large the vehicle ends up being, and the size of the back seat.

Could be offered in both 2 and 4 door configuration, but I doubt it. I don't think either is a given yet, I think 2 door looks better but understand a 4 door is probably more appealing. Might depend on how large the vehicle ends up being, and the size of the back seat.

Totally agree. So which sell more?

What ever happened to this clay model??

5574cae0-7c18-5191.jpeg

Seeing that part of the Tesla "marque" is unusual doors, I'd love to see the Gen III have suicide rear doors and no B pillar. Tough to get your 5-star safety rating that way, but it would be entirely consistent with the open and spacious feeling that defines Tesla interiors.

Request: width < 72"
Back seats for only 2 across, not 3.
Remove the middle armrests (or significantly slim) and the opportunity area in front as well. Not needed if you really want to thin up the vehicle. An ICE can't match that change in styling.

Edit: How do I get to the different camera angles in Design Studio? The pricing information is where the button used to be.

Last edited:
Remove the middle armrests (or significantly slim) and the opportunity area in front as well. Not needed if you really want to thin up the vehicle. An ICE can't match that change in styling.

I vote for "significantly slim". I like having a driver's armrest even if it is narrow.
Our old Highlander Hybrid just has these little stubby fold-down things built into the seats:
armrest.jpg

What ever happened to this clay model??

View attachment 7548

We had a whole thread on that and I don't believe we have reached a solid conclusion. My best guess is a Model X in progress (the green house matches the Model S, the bottom half matches the Model X). It could also be another Model S platform variant (like a coupe). I believe the end of the thread discussed what may be a van built on the Model S platform (seen in a different video covered by a black cloth).
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/7493-Mysterious-Clay-Model

Some people were guessing the Bluestar, but I find it unlikely they were working on it a year ago. Franz just recently announced that work was underway on Gen III:
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/9279-Gen-III-Announced-for-Sale-as-Early-as-2015