Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Geothermal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Doesn't seem like you linked the right video? I didn't hear your quote anywhere in it, what they clearly said is that the primary reason why it costs 35-50% more is the wells. So if you ignore the cost of the wells the rest of the equipment doesn't really cost any more than a 'high-quality' heat pump system is what they said (which makes sense to me, the parts are effectively the same other than the wells).

Doesn't seem like you linked the right video? I didn't hear your quote anywhere in it, what they clearly said is that the primary reason why it costs 35-50% more is the wells. So if you ignore the cost of the wells the rest of the equipment doesn't really cost any more than a 'high-quality' heat pump system is what they said (which makes sense to me, the parts are effectively the same other than the wells).

No, a well alone usually costs ~$10k. That's no where near ~35 - 50% of the cost of an HVAC system. But I did paraphrase @ ~2:35 I interpreted it as omitting the cost of the wells.

Last edited: