Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Get Amped Tour: Fremont, 6/23-24

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
- Didn't get to see the cloth interior (that was in the Sig Red apparently) but, confirmed with folks that there's indeed no seat memory with that.
- The turn signal indicator in the car I drove worked but, with no audible clicking sound in the cabin. My Tesla co-pilot said that it was a bug in the audio system in that car?!
I drove a Sig Red with Perf package; it had tan perf leather I think. Wasn't really concerned about it, felt fine, maybe could use a touch more bolster.

Initially when trying for the turn signal I used the upper left lever. That's the cruise control. :redface:
The middle left lever was the turn signal. I'm pretty sure there was an audible tick, and I definitely saw the little signal indicator on the speedometer.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
:biggrin::biggrin:
:biggrin:

I had my drive at 1:00
2 friends and my wife in the back ... we waited for the last drive of that set and got the perf dolphin model S
AMAZING!
pushed it to about 90 on the first stretch and then did the regen test into the first sweeping left curve. the first tight turn is a right angle that I took at about 35-40 and juiced it on the way out of the corner. Awesome! no roll whatsoever and TC barely kicked in. Passing another performance white S on the bridge with a wave and Smiiles(they were on the last stretch) and up to the first stoplight. Silent. mmm silence.
The next stretch of road is a straight frontage road where you're encouraged to test out the rigidity of the chassis and Oh my CG and F/R weight ratios are amazing. Everything was amazing. Steering wheel feels nice and steering is stiff.
After a few minutes more of driving on commercial streets and testing the suspension some on rough roads we got to the onramp to 880.
I was behind a Lexus at the light to turn right on the ramp. There is a diamond passing lane that is very swervy and I hit at least 60 passing the Lex (about the same speed as the engadget video driver took it - but I had 5 in my car too !!) and proceeded to about 80-85 on the freeway. A couple of miles on the freeway of super awesomeness and then back to the Tesla property where
Apparently Tesla copilts are not very easily scared.....but in reality the car does soooomuch more!!
I got it up to 105-110mph on the way back in and had it floored for a bit since I had seen another S behind me and was trying to ditch it so we could do a brake test
braking from over 100 with 5 people in the car was pretty sweet. Awesome TC - super controllable and damn I want my car before I need to go back home tomorrow!

Driving a Lexus ls430 after that felt grosss, ewww (but comfy still)

ps: passengers all loved it. wife almost screamed/peed
and I got to drive my RC molel S in the factory around a real model S

...2 months later.. signing papers for grey MSP w/ lacewood and black
yep
bye bye money
hello personal rollercoaster

Last edited:
I got to drive Elon's car too! Very impressed both by the car and the fact that he let the masses abuse it.

when you get onto the freeway you have an open road to test out the handling of the car on the S turns. I was able to push it to the edge on the last turn and could feel a slight loss of traction but still felt very stable and predictable. Very impressed with the handling!

Exact same thing happened to me - my son let out a little squeal of delight when that happened! Yes I was pleasantly surprised when at the parking lot check in they told us to go ahead and bring the booster seats, so the whole family got to ride.

no ICE-like lurch when taking off from a standstill
This was very important for me. In a stick shift I can get going without the lurch but whenever I drive my wife's TSX I get the lurch. Very pleased that I was able to take off smoothly in the S.
GG, it was nice to meet you and your wife, and twisti as well. I liked all the colors, but the blue was still too dark for me. In the shadow under the awning I could hardly tell it wasn't black. Even the green looked kind of dark in the shadow, but in the sun it was nice. I had hoped to see the regular white up close but didn't get to.

Note the lighting on the door handle
JasonS, nice catch. I also saw in your picture collection this one, which I think is the only shot of the cloth interior in the Sunset Red I've seen yet. Unfortunately they took that car out of rotation by the time I got back from my drive because I wanted to check out the cloth seats. Too bad about the no seat memory with the cloth.
red cloth interior.JPG

Finally, I got a shot (sorry it's not very good with all the water bottles blocking the view) of what I think is the supercharger in action. Check out the beefy cable:
IMGP7705.jpg

I couldn't really tell, but the refrigerator-looking thing on the left might be the supercharger itself. Maybe someone tomorrow can get some better shots of it. You can see it through some plants as you walk towards the photo pickup stations.

...I couldn't really tell, but the refrigerator-looking thing on the left might be the supercharger itself. Maybe someone tomorrow can get some better shots of it. You can see it through some plants as you walk towards the photo pickup stations.

There are lots of superchargers around the factory now, but they are basically in prototype form.
What you see may not be representative of what the production units will look like.
Others I have seen did NOT look like that white cabinet.

Probably best to wait for the upcoming Supercharger official announcement instead of finding prototype units.

There are lots of superchargers around the factory now, but they are basically in prototype form.
What you see may not be representative of what the production units will look like.
Others I have seen did NOT look like that white cabinet.

Probably best to wait for the upcoming Supercharger official announcement instead of finding prototype units.

Why not tell them not to think of pink elephants while they're at it?

Video? Pics?
sooon.
toomuch beer now. need to get home

+ photos w/ grey color cards with grey/silver/brown/green.no blue:< but it'e really pretty

& I saw Bonnie in the lounge before her ride + got a smile ;> (her eyes may match the blue!)

(i'm putting the pic & vid in the appropriate thread)

+1 what Z said. The car drives absolutely awesome.

+2+ what Jason S said!

I'm sad I have to wait till October now
I wasn't yesterday

Last edited:
Hey all! Not sure if I'm allowed to link to another website or not (my facebook), but I just wanted to share some pictures I took during the Fremont event today! My aunt is buying one of these cars so I was able to get in as a guest and, man, is it a great car! I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Tesla today and hopefully my pictures reflect that :) Please check them out if you have the time, it would mean a lot!

Improve Your Experience | Facebook

I took the test drive today at 3 pm and here are the photos - Tesla Test Drive June 23rd 2012 - a set on Flickr. There 98 photos with shots of the the various colors. Some of the factory floor too since I noticed that it was different from the October Factory tour.

I was brought to the back area twice. Once to see the Sunset Red with the fabric seats and opportunity console and rear seat with the center console. The center console was not the kind that retracts into the seat, it looks locked in i.e. with latch. I could not tell.

The second time around, I saw the Pacific Blue with tan leather interior. I took a picture of the super charger; which I was told that the white fridge super charger is just a prototype and that I should not stand too close to it.